Naruto RPG: Ballad of the Ninja
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Tests? Eww... Running away~ [Open]

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Mittens
Sergeant (C)
Sergeant (C)
Mittens

Tests? Eww... Running away~ [Open] Empty
PostSubject: Tests? Eww... Running away~ [Open]   Tests? Eww... Running away~ [Open] I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 30, 2015 1:38 pm

”Now we just need to finish up with this round of shots and then you need to rest for a little while... I'll be right back with the nurse and we can get started. In about an hour we'll start another round of tests and get some blood drawn.” the doctor stated before the young looking man with the slicked back blond hair and the white lab coat turned and walked out of the room.

Mittens looked around, frowning. The IV had hurt enough, but a round of shots? More tests? Drawing blood? She didn't mind it when her sister, Jayr, was the one doing it to her – she had a way to make the injection site numb so that it didn't hurt. But these guys? They wouldn't do that. That meant that each and every shot she had to be given was going to hurt: on top of however those chemicals and medicines were going to make her feel. As well as how horrible and frightening the tests and machines could be, and more poking and prodding to draw blood. She bit her bottom lip as she looked towards the bag of clear fluids her IV was hooked up to. She knew she couldn't remove the IV on her own – she had tried that once before and it didn't go well – and so she stood up on the bed and unhooked it from the IV pole.

Holding the bag like it was a purse she jumped down to the floor carefully. After pausing to cough, covering her mouth and attempting to make as little noise as possible, she crept her way to the doorway of her hospital room. She peered out into the hallway and looked first to the left and then to the right: the doctor was busy bent over his desk, engrossed in a deep conversation with several other people. Biting her bottom lip she tip toed quickly and quietly out of her hospital room and across the hall. Once sure she wouldn't be spotted she turned the corner and headed down several doors until she got to the staircase. She glanced around again, ensuring that no one was watching her, before stepping into the stairwell and heading as quickly as possible down the steps. As she went she was careful to keep a hold on her IV bag, while ensuring that she didn't yank or pull on the tubing.

Once to the first floor she exited the stairwell and glanced around again. The receptionist was busy on the phone and so she waited until the perfect moment before sneaking by her and out the hospital doors. Once outside she paused to cough again, doubling over from the force of it and trying to keep her mouth covered. When the coughing fit was over she looked down at her bare feet; having forgotten she was in patient scrubs (the kind with cute little bunnies all over them, but which were otherwise white). Shrugging her shoulders she turned and headed towards her destination: she wasn't about to go back inside, even if her feet were bare.

A few blocks and she had made it to her destination: the building where her father, the Commander General, worked. She knew that the doctors and nursing staff would be looking for her, but they wouldn't dare search here. She went inside, waved with a smile to the receptionist, and then headed up the staircase that would lead directly to the floor her father's office was on: all while being careful with her IV bag of clear fluid and the tubing. She paused several times, coughing fits overwhelming her, before she made it to the proper floor. Exiting the staircase she headed down the hall to a set of doors she knew all too well. She opened the door quietly and stepped inside. The door closed behind her... she had made it to her destination: her father's office.

With the bag still in hand she looked around, wondering if her father or his assistant, or anyone else for that matter was here...
Back to top Go down
Jai
Commander General of Hanagakure no Sato
Jai

PostSubject: Re: Tests? Eww... Running away~ [Open]   Tests? Eww... Running away~ [Open] I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 30, 2015 3:49 pm

Gold eyes looked up at the sound of his door opening. His receptionist had paged just a moment ago to say that he had a visitor. When Jai asked whom it was, she'd just laughed and told him he would see soon enough. And as the door opened, Jai understood.

His daughter, holding her an IV bag was standing there. But why?

"Uh.. hun... whatcha doing here? The doctor's didnt call and say you were visiting today..."

Of course they did not. They never did. More than likely, Mittens was running away from tests again; not that he blamed her.

Getting up from the desk, Jai walked around it, keeping his eyes on Mitsukai. "So, dear. What do I owe the of this visit?"
Back to top Go down
Mittens
Sergeant (C)
Sergeant (C)
Mittens

PostSubject: Re: Tests? Eww... Running away~ [Open]   Tests? Eww... Running away~ [Open] I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 30, 2015 4:01 pm

Mitsukai fidgeted a bit, looking a little guilty. She knew she shouldn't run away from the tests and the procedures because they were meant to keep her healthy, but she didn't like them. And she most certainly didn't like the doctor preforming them: he was young, he was a jerk, and he was letting the fact that she was the Commander General's daughter go to his head. Plus... he wasn't Jayr. ”They want to do more tests... but they already hurt me when they put the IV in. And they wanna take blood.” Her nose wrinkled a bit at the idea: she wasn't a fan of needles by far.

”When's JayJay coming home? I want her to do it... She makes it so it doesn't hurt. This new doctor is a jerk: he just tells me to be quiet and sit still.” Mitsukai wasn't one to normally complain about the hospital staff: in fact, she liked the majority of them and often took to sitting at the nurses station watching them work – not that they minded because she was quiet and kept out of the way. So, for her to be complaining about one... well, it had to be bad.

She wrapped her arms around herself, frowning. ”I don't want anymore tests till JayJay's back... “, her voice broke slightly, but she forced the tears back. She refused to allow herself to cry: she was determined to prove that she was strong. Even if she did run away every so often in the process.
Back to top Go down
Jai
Jai

PostSubject: Re: Tests? Eww... Running away~ [Open]   Tests? Eww... Running away~ [Open] I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 01, 2015 12:53 pm

Jai smiled softly at his youngest daughter; the spitting image of her mother, sans the white hair. He stepped closer, then kneeled down and opened his arms to her. He knew it must be hard for her, having to stay in the hospital all the time while her elder siblings got to go out into the world and have fun.

"Jayjay should be back soon, little one. She's out on a mission for me, something really important. I promise she'll come see you as soon as she gets back, okay?" He grinned at her then, winking an eye. "As for your tests.. I'll have a few words with the doctor, see if they'll clear you to come home for a few days, hm? Sounds good, dear?"
Back to top Go down
Mittens
Sergeant (C)
Sergeant (C)
Mittens

PostSubject: Re: Tests? Eww... Running away~ [Open]   Tests? Eww... Running away~ [Open] I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 01, 2015 1:05 pm

Mitsukai smiled as her father moved closer, kneeled down, and opened his arms. She didn't hesitate to cross the last little bit of distance and hug him tightly; the IV bag still hanging from her right hand. In all honesty, she had forgotten about the thing during her little rant about the hospital. But, it hardly mattered now. The idea of her father having a talk with the doctors about her getting some time at home had lifted her spirits right up: they wouldn't refuse him.

She pulled back a bit from the hug and nodded so that he could see. ”I'd like that. Maybe you could even convince them to take the IV out.” Her nose wrinkled again a bit. ”I don't know why he put it in; it's just solution to keep me hydrated but I've been eating and drinking lots of stuff and keeping it down. The only thing I have left over is the cough and JayJay said that's normal. I tried telling him that but he didn't listen to me.” She didn't add the obvious 'but he'll listen to you' out loud, though it was there in her mind just the same.

She giggled suddenly. ”Do I have to go back with you when you go talk to them? The doctor might be angry 'cause I snuck right past him and he didn't notice me.”, she grinned a bit, rather proud of her stealthy tactics. ”Plus, I forgot shoes...”, she wiggled her bare toes for emphasis.
Back to top Go down
Jayr
Lt Colonel
Jayr

PostSubject: Re: Tests? Eww... Running away~ [Open]   Tests? Eww... Running away~ [Open] I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 02, 2015 3:07 pm

“You don't have to worry about that, I've already taken care of it.”, Jayr said with a grin as she entered in to her father's office. A playful pout appeared on her face as Cana all but pushed past her and went instantly over to Mittens who she then proceeded to sniff and whine at. ”Do I get a hug?” She grinned then, knowing she definitely would.

She then looked to her father, figuring she might as well explain her sudden early appearance. ”I asked one of the nurses I trust to keep an eye on her for me before I left. She was to update me if anything changed so I was aware of it. She sent me a letter saying that Mittens ran away again, and that she already told them no to some of the treatments.”

She looked back to Mittens. ”I stopped at the hospital before I came here and was told you had snuck off again. When they showed me your chart I realized you were a bit ahead of schedule anyway, so I cleared you to be home for a while so long as you don't get sicker. You just have to remain with someone at all times just in case.” Simple rules, the usual ones that always applied with Mittens: she wasn't allowed to be alone by herself for long periods of time simple because if something happened no one would know.

Finally, she returned her attention back to her father, her curiosity burning. ”So, how did that... thing …with Lt. Bankai go? I saw him out in the woods on my way here, I think he was with someone else but I didn't stop to chat. I wanted to see with my own eyes that Mittens had made it to her favorite hiding spot.”
Back to top Go down
Jai
Jai

PostSubject: Re: Tests? Eww... Running away~ [Open]   Tests? Eww... Running away~ [Open] I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 02, 2015 5:13 pm

"So, how did that... thing …with Lt. Bankai go? I saw him out in the woods on my way here, I think he was with someone else but I didn't stop to chat. I wanted to see with my own eyes that Mittens had made it to her favorite hiding spot.

Jai could only groan as he stood up and rubbed his temple. "That... just.. not now." He was still annoyed over that incident. Currently, Bankai was someone whose name Jai didn't want to hear --, wait what?

"Im sorry, but what?! Did you just say you say him in the woods? And he was with someone..?"

The fuck? This man was on house arrest; why the fuck was he out in the goddamn woods? Was he trying to be an ass? Clenching his fists, his expression changed, going from happy to deathly calm in a matter of seconds. "It seemed that my kindness has been taken for weakness. Alright."

There were no words left. He was going to pay Bankai a visit that same day; and quite possibly come back with this man's head.
Back to top Go down
Mittens
Sergeant (C)
Sergeant (C)
Mittens

PostSubject: Re: Tests? Eww... Running away~ [Open]   Tests? Eww... Running away~ [Open] I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 02, 2015 5:32 pm

Mittens heard her big sister's voice behind her just as Cana's nose appeared in her face; the wolf was sniffing and whining at her – apparently Cana knew too that she had ran away. She giggled and released her father from the hug only to turn around and hug Cana. The big wolf licked at her face several times before Mittens then turned her attention onto Jayr. She closed the distance between the pair, and jumped up, latching on to her. She knew her big sister would catch her of course, so she didn't have to worry about falling.

”Missed you!”

Then Mitsukai turned her attention back to her father, noticing how his face had chanced. Her lips formed a little 'o' before she giggled. ”Daddy's got the 'someone's in trouble' face.”

She then turned her attention back onto Jayr and held up her hand and the IV bag. ”Can you take this out, please? I don't like it..I've been holding down food and drink, besides, it makes my mouth taste funny.”
Back to top Go down
Jayr
Lt Colonel
Jayr

PostSubject: Re: Tests? Eww... Running away~ [Open]   Tests? Eww... Running away~ [Open] I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 02, 2015 5:40 pm

Jayr caught her little sister when she jumped up for a hug and hugged her tightly but gently; she knew she had to watch her mass amount of strength, especially when dealing with Mittens. Her gaze went from her sister to her father at his words, an eyebrow raising in curiosity. It was quite clear just by the little bit that her father said, as well as his facial expression's changes, that Bankai wasn't supposed to be out in the woods – likely not supposed to be out anywhere at all.

She looked down at her little sister, nodded, and then carried her over to one of the very comfortable chairs where she then sat her down. Jayr opened up her medical kit and pulled out a bottle of spray, some gauze, and some medical tape. ”Yeah, out in the woods. No idea who he was with, I didn't recognize the other guy. Bankai didn't look too happy, to be honest.”, she spoke as she worked. The spray was applied to the tape holding the IV in, dissolving the stickiness so that she was free to pull it off without causing her sister any pain.

”I can show you where, if you want?” With the tape no longer an issue she removed it. She then pulled the IV out of her sisters hand as gently as possible, placing the gauze on the site before it could start to bleed. She held it there, applying gentle pressure, for several seconds. Following this she checked to ensure it wasn't bleeding, which it wasn't, and added some medical tape. ”You know the drill; keep that on there for the next fifteen or so minutes just in case it starts to bleed, kay?” Jayr stood back up and moved out of the way as Cana went over to Mittens and promptly laid her exceptionally large head in the girl's lap, staring up at her with bright blue eyes in an obvious 'pet me' way.
Back to top Go down
Jai
Jai

PostSubject: Re: Tests? Eww... Running away~ [Open]   Tests? Eww... Running away~ [Open] I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 09, 2015 2:55 pm

Jai crossed his arms over his chest as he leaned back sgainst his desk. So, it seemed that someone though he was playing, and was clearly attempting to take his kindness for a weakness. He was going to go hunting; and sadly, one of his own was about to become his prey.

It was then there was a knock at the door; a moment later, it was pushed open and Xio peeked his head in. "Uh sir? The weaponsmith just stopped by; he says your order is ready whenever you want to pick it up." Gold eyes looked up, a slow smile crossing his face.

"Perfect timing, Xio. Please, grab a few people to retrieve them, if you don't mind. With Jayr here, we can get hers out of the way as well." Jai winked to Jayr, wanting to add a bit of suspense to the ordeal."
Back to top Go down
Mittens
Sergeant (C)
Sergeant (C)
Mittens

PostSubject: Re: Tests? Eww... Running away~ [Open]   Tests? Eww... Running away~ [Open] I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 09, 2015 6:49 pm

Mittens remained completely still while Jayr removed the IV from her hand: the way her sister did it was harmless so there was no need for flinching or jerking when it came to the process. She watched as her sister finished by putting a piece of gauze on the site and then holding it down with a piece of tape. She nodded in understanding to instructions she was all too familiar with before grinning and getting back to her feet.

”Do I get a lollipop for being on my bestest behavior?”, she asked with a grin as she swayed happily in place from side to side. Not that the IV wasn't in her hand anymore she felt tons better – free really. Oh, she knew she'd eventually have to go back to the hospital, but for now she didn't have to worry about that. For now she could spend all the time she wanted with the rest of her family.

She would take the lollipop, if Jayr gave her one, and rip the paper off before cramming it into her mouth. Following this she would simply tackle Cana who would all but fall over and lay there making soft noises that came across as 'help me, she's gonna eat me' which would only make Mittens laugh.
Back to top Go down
Jayr
Lt Colonel
Jayr

PostSubject: Re: Tests? Eww... Running away~ [Open]   Tests? Eww... Running away~ [Open] I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 09, 2015 6:53 pm

Jayr would pull a lollipop out of her pocket from her own personal stash of the candies and hand it over to her sister before watching Mittens go and 'tackle' Cana. Cana just flopped over and took it as she so often did when playing this game and the sounds she made only caused Jayr to laugh. ”She's not going to eat you, get lollipop in your fur, sure. But I don't think she'd find you too tasty Cana... “

She then shifted her attention back to her father now that her sister was squared away. She made quick work putting her medical kit away before standing back up. ”Oh oh! I get presents?! I like presents!” She bounced in place grinning. ”What is it?! What is it?!”
Back to top Go down
Jai
Jai

PostSubject: Re: Tests? Eww... Running away~ [Open]   Tests? Eww... Running away~ [Open] I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 10, 2015 4:58 pm

"Something." He grinned, staying silent for the moment. Soon enough, Xio would return with several soldiers and seargents, each bearing a sealed case. Still grinning, Jai would reach out and take the case labled "Plan C'. "Just leave them on the table; I'll sort through them later."

To Jayr he would nod, motioning to a case that bore her name on it. "I took the liberty of commisioning a few things to celebrate your promotion, Jayjay. Its not much, but they should be helpful."

After setting Plan C on the table, he would release the locks and open the case; a smile would cross his face again at seeing the weapon he ordered. "Pretty good craftsmanship..."
Back to top Go down
Mittens
Sergeant (C)
Sergeant (C)
Mittens

PostSubject: Re: Tests? Eww... Running away~ [Open]   Tests? Eww... Running away~ [Open] I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 10, 2015 10:57 pm

Mittens, while sucking on her lollipop watched the arrival of what was Jayr's “present”. Mittens couldn't help but think how she preferred non weapons based presents: like toys, or candy. As she was allowing her mind to wander something hit her senses that didn't register properly: a scent to be specific. Her sister always smelled like explosives – for as long as she could remember – but this smell was... different. Unique.

Brows furrowed together and a frown formed on her face. “Jayjay... why do you smell funny? I mean, you smell like you normally do 'cept different. Why is that?” Her head tilted as she looked to her sister, expecting some sort of answer that would appease her enough for it all to make sense. Meanwhile she kept working on the lollipop in her mouth, turning it in circles with her tongue.
Back to top Go down
Jayr
Lt Colonel
Jayr

PostSubject: Re: Tests? Eww... Running away~ [Open]   Tests? Eww... Running away~ [Open] I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 10, 2015 11:11 pm

A grin had spread across Jayr's face upon seeing the arrival of her 'gifts'. There was nothing she liked getting better then new weapons, and items that could make her work more effectively. She went over the case that bore her name and released the locks before opening the lid. What she found inside made her mouth open slightly before turning into an even bigger grin then before. Oh yeah; this was going to be fun. She pulled out the cloak first, looking it over and examining it curiously.

Just then she heard her sister's question and her cheeks suddenly reddened in a blush while the grin slipped off of her face and a rather guilty looking expression took it's place. The cloak she had been examining slipped through her fingertips and back into its case. She hadn't bothered to shower after she got the hospitals message because her sister's welfare had been her top most priority. Plus, she hadn't known she was going to be 'sniff tested'. ”Err.. well, you see...”, she stopped, realizing she was stammering like a schoolgirl caught doing something 'naughty'.

She knew her sister wasn't exactly ignorant to the birds and the bees, but she wasn't quite sure how her father was going to take knowing how close her, Temaki, and Temaki's student had gotten during her few weeks stay in Hinowa while she had been on vacation. Figuring that perhaps it was actually better to get it out now – instead of it coming out after Temaki got here for her visit – she cleared her throat and squared her shoulders as if she were preparing to go to proverbial war. ”Temaki and I... that is, the Rakuenkage and I... we got close. Temaki, her student Karukaya, and I... we spent the majority of my vacation... together. We got close; and I might've caught feelings for her and him and things escalated...”

Of course, by the time she was done getting this all out her cheeks, forehead, and the majority of her face was as beat red as an apple due to her embarrassment and nerves. She had no idea how her father was going to react to the information she had just admitted; but she couldn't help but feel better that it was out – she didn't keep secrets from her family after all, no matter what those secrets might be.

"This wasn't exactly how I planned on having this come out of course - then again I didn't think I was about to be sniff tested."
Back to top Go down
Jai
Jai

PostSubject: Re: Tests? Eww... Running away~ [Open]   Tests? Eww... Running away~ [Open] I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 11, 2015 11:48 pm

”Temaki and I... that is, the Rakuenkage and I... we got close. Temaki, her student Karukaya, and I... we spent the majority of my vacation... together. We got close; and I might've caught feelings for her and him and things escalated...”

....wut? Him and Her? While it was plainly obvious that his daughter liked women, he couldnt recall a single time of her entertaining the fancy of a young male before. Perhaps there was something about him -- or rather, in his pants -- that she'd come to enjoy? And the Rakuenkage as well? That in of itself was interesting to hear. Add onto the fact that she liked them both? That one was doozy.

"This wasn't exactly how I planned on having this come out of course - then again I didn't think I was about to be sniff tested."

Settling Plan C back into its case, Jai turned an eye to his daughter, then swallowed hard. He could tell she was nervous about this revelation; would he be happy for her? Angry? Would he yell at her, scream that she was exiled and no longer welcome in his house?

"Well then, that is quite some news. I'll be sure to throw a party when they arrived." Jai broke out into another grin, nodding to Jayr. "I know of the Rakuenkage, but please... tell me of this mystery gentleman. You said he was her student, yes?"

While most men would find it outrageous that thier daughter was in a polygamous relationship, Jai simply took it in stride; he'd raised his daughter well, and taught her to love whomever she wished. He would be a hypocrite to deny her love, especially given he was currently bedding his assistant regularly.
Back to top Go down
Mittens
Sergeant (C)
Sergeant (C)
Mittens

PostSubject: Re: Tests? Eww... Running away~ [Open]   Tests? Eww... Running away~ [Open] I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 12, 2015 12:34 am

Mittens couldn't help but giggle at Jayr's explanation: or rather, at the way she looked so nervous. It was the kind of guilty face that said clearly her sister thought she was in trouble. Apparently, that wasn't to be so though, judging from their father's reaction.

Mittens removed the lollipop from her mouth long enough to cough – tucking her mouth into the bend of her elbow as she did so – and then popped the lollipop back in. She wandered over to a nearby couch and climbed up on it before laying down and curling herself up into a little ball. She tucked one of the couch pillows underneath of her head and got comfortable. Cana, who seemed to like to follow Mittens around when ever she was nearby, came over and laid down on the floor – though, with how large she was she was higher then the couch: it worked out that way though, because it kept Mittens from being able to fall off if she did happen to fall asleep.

For now though Mittens simply laid there quietly, feeling the lollipop grow smaller and smaller in her mouth, while she waited to hear about this student of the Rakuenkage's as well.
Back to top Go down
Jayr
Lt Colonel
Jayr

PostSubject: Re: Tests? Eww... Running away~ [Open]   Tests? Eww... Running away~ [Open] I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 12, 2015 1:01 am

Jayr watched her little sister out of the corner of her eye as she coughed into her arm and then went to lay down. Cana joined her, keeping her large body on the floor and right up against the couch: not only would she radiate enough heat to help keep her sister warm if she happened to get chilled, but her large body would keep her from being able to roll off the couch if she happened to fall asleep – though Jayr hoped that wouldn't be the case considering she still had that lollipop in her mouth.

However, the majority of her attention remained on her father as she watched him closely to see his reaction: she was expecting something, but she wasn't quite sure what. This wasn't exactly like she had gotten involved with just any random Hinowa shinobi after all – this was the Kage herself, and her student. However, her father seemed to handle it all rather well, and even grinned. Jayr's shoulders relaxed and she let out a breath she wasn't aware she had been holding up until that point.

”Yeah, but it's... an odd situation. He's pretty highly ranked now – in fact, right before I left Temaki handed him an ANBU mask. Temaki's the kind of person though that believes you're never too old, or too high ranked, to learn. Plus, I think she just likes the idea of keeping him around – so he keeps his student status. He's got a kangaroo for a companion named Coen; fairly young still. Both of them are strong though; Taijutsu specialists.”

She thought about what else she might want to reveal about the situation; it was still a bit weird that her father was taking this so well – though she was more then glad that he was. ”They also uh.. know about my little anger issue. I figured they should know, considering certain things can trigger it. I expected them to freak, but both of them took it very well. Asked a few simple questions and that was it. Gotta admit; it was kind of nice to have someone, or well someone's, outside of the family who knew about my little affliction and didn't run screaming from the room. I didn't even tell Captain Yen... I brought the topic up once, just like a regular bland conversation, and her reactions told me I could never let her know that it was me I was talking about...” Ah yes, one of the many reasons why her and Captain Yen would never have worked long run – that and her nearly fatal mistake when dealing with that mud monster.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Tests? Eww... Running away~ [Open]   Tests? Eww... Running away~ [Open] I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Tests? Eww... Running away~ [Open]
Page 1 of 1