Naruto RPG: Ballad of the Ninja
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Patrolling Is Easy, Right? [Job, Invite Only]

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Jayr
Lt Colonel
Jayr

Patrolling Is Easy, Right? [Job, Invite Only] Empty
PostSubject: Patrolling Is Easy, Right? [Job, Invite Only]   Patrolling Is Easy, Right? [Job, Invite Only] I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 25, 2015 12:14 pm

Mission Taken: Patrol Duty:

Jayr found herself lucky that she had trained herself to go long periods of time, even days, without sleep. She hadn't expected to be given patrol duty but she had the task none the less. She was to work from eleven at night to seven in the morning: an eight hour shift that she would have to be awake, alert, and on her feet for.

And this is why God created coffee.

Jayr checked her watch, noticing that she had about twenty minutes to go before her shift started and she would have to be working. She hurried her way through the market, locating one of the late night cafe's that were thankfully open until about one or two in the morning and which reopened at about five in the morning. Jayr got in line, shifting from foot to foot as she waited for the person in front of her to get their drink: thankfully it was relatively quickly. People in the village were all too used to the officers being in a hurry, and usually had no issues getting out of their way and getting them what they needed quickly.

“May I have a large iced vanilla coffee. Two extra shots if liquid sugar please and an extra shot of creamer. Low on the ice, please.” She knew how she liked her coffee, and the cashier nodded, turned, and got to work on her order right away. Jayr reached into her hip pouch, pulled out the proper ryo needed to pay for her drink and handed it over just as the lady handed her her drink. The cashier rang her up, popped a nice discount on the drink, and handed her her change which Jayr popped into the donation slot. “Thanks!”, Jayr called over her shoulder before she took off out the door, sipping her coffee as she did so.

She headed down the street, knowing the route she would be patrolling that evening, and took her place right on time to relieve the other officer. She gave a wave to the guy who said something about her coffee looking good and figuring he would get one himself. Jayr sucked down the rest of her coffee, not wanting her hands full when eleven o'clock hit.

A clock nearby charmed the hour and Jayr tossed her empty coffee cup into a nearby garbage before beginning to walk, keeping a vigilante look as she did so...

Word Count: 406 / 250
Back to top Go down
Jayr
Lt Colonel
Jayr

Patrolling Is Easy, Right? [Job, Invite Only] Empty
PostSubject: Re: Patrolling Is Easy, Right? [Job, Invite Only]   Patrolling Is Easy, Right? [Job, Invite Only] I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 25, 2015 12:24 pm

Despite Jayr's usual playful nature she took her job rather seriously and had what others called her “game face” on. Jayr paid close attention as she walked, the slightest sound that was out of the ordinary being investigated. On one of these little stops to check things out she had to jump out of the way quickly as an all black tabby with green eyes came darting out of the shadows and straight towards her legs with a hiss and a cat like screech.

Shaking her head Jayr continued onward. Time passed slowly but pass it did. The evening seemed like it would be an uneventful one. That is, until Jayr caught a young kid sneaking out of a window that led into the alley way. Jayr took a step back into the shadows, figuring she would watch for a moment. The kid was pretty good, she had to give him props, as she watched him shimmy his way down several sheets that were tied together. The kid was careful to be light on his feet when he kicked himself off of the building on his way down the makeshift rope.

When the kid got to the bottom was when Jayr decided to make her presence known. As the kid looked around he spotted her coming straight towards him and froze like a deer in the headlights. “Kid, I suggest you make your way back inside. It's way past your curfew.”

The kid, feeling a bit cheeky frowned and looked Jayr up and down. “Aren't you a little young to be telling me what to do? Who are you?”

Jayr, refusing to let her temper get the best of her grinned. “That would be Jayr Kyamalie.”, she introduced herself as.

The kid froze again nodded, and started back up the rope. Jayr raised an eyebrow and shook her head. “Uh... wouldn't the front door be a better option?”, she asked as she watched, amused.

The kid grunted. “Probably. But I forgot to unlock it and if I go and knock my parents will know I snuck out.. You're not going to tell them are you?”

“'Course I am! They need to know that you're dangerously climbing out of a third floor window and sneaking out. Now, you can either climb up and waste all that energy or come with me and save yourself the trouble. But, yeah. Either way? They're gonna know.” The kid sighed, let himself drop down, and led the way into his building. Jayr knocked, keeping her hand on the kids shoulder. When the door was opened she quickly but briefly explained how she came across the kid sneaking out of his third floor window via a rope he had made by tying sheets together. His parents ushered him inside, promised Jayr there would be no further trouble, and closed the door.

Jayr returned to her route, just shaking her head. Thankfully, as the sun rose back up, Jayr found herself able to call the rest of her night uneventful. As she came to the end of her route once more she traded placed with another officer who looked like he had far too much coffee....

Word Count: 530 + 406 = 936 / 250
Back to top Go down

Patrolling Is Easy, Right? [Job, Invite Only]
Page 1 of 1