Naruto RPG: Ballad of the Ninja
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Mug the Mugger [Job, Invite Only]

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Jayr
Lt Colonel
Jayr

Mug the Mugger [Job, Invite Only] Empty
PostSubject: Mug the Mugger [Job, Invite Only]   Mug the Mugger [Job, Invite Only] I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 28, 2015 12:24 am

Mission Taken: Stop the Mugging:

Jayr closed the newspaper and just shook her head. She had already taken care of a bandit problem just the other day but it appeared that someone else a bit more menacing was stalking the streets: it was the very reason she had requested the mission to take care of the guy – or girl – in the first place. There was no need to wait and see if this escalated or if the guy – or girl – quit: people like that rarely did, and the more he – or she – got away with it the more extreme it could get. These things tended to escalate quickly.

Jayr checked her watch, sighed, and folded the newspaper up before laying it on the counter for anyone else who wanted to look at it. She left the house following this, figuring she might as well get started on trying to find the guy who was mugging people. Honestly, she didn't understand why people couldn't just put in a honest days work and be happy: she was fourteen after all and a Sargent. She earned every penny, or Ryo rather, that she had to her name. Sure, she still lived with her dad and sister, but she helped out around the house too. So yeah, no excuse why someone chose to rob and steal instead of work for it. No excuse at all.

Jayr walked down the street, looking left and right, and paying close attention to her surroundings as she did so. Unlike the bandit she had captured before this mugger didn't have a tiny little area he – or she – liked to hang out in. For all she knew the mugger could be trying to come up behind her right now --- Jayr glanced backwards, ensuring that that wasn't the case. Nope, no mugger in sight. No matter, it was only a matter of time before the culprit was caught.

Jayr reached the markets and slowed even further. She patrolled up one side of the street and then the other. She was careful to move slow, even look like she wasn't paying attention when she really was. Anything at all to draw out this would be mugger so that she could put a stop to him – or her – for good. Jayr glanced down back alleys as she went, ears pealed for the sound of any distress: perhaps he would choose another victim? Who knew, this guy – or girl – didn't seem to have a solid pattern yet. It's what had made him – or her – a bit more tricky to find. But, Jayr wasn't going to give up. Not at all. She was one persistent individual when she put her mind to something.

Word Count: 459 / 500
Back to top Go down
Jayr
Lt Colonel
Jayr

PostSubject: Re: Mug the Mugger [Job, Invite Only]   Mug the Mugger [Job, Invite Only] I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 28, 2015 12:32 am

Up and down the street Jayr patrolled, continuing with the same slow walk while pretending she wasn't paying attention. After a little while she was beginning to think that perhaps she was in the wrong location – should she try elsewhere? - or that maybe the mugger was taking the night off – do they take sick days and vacation? - and that was when she heard it. Just as she was thinking about giving up for the evening and trying against the next she heard a scream that was abruptly cut off. Now, when people screamed in fright they didn't often stop mid scream, at least not on their own. No, that normally only happened when someone made them stop.

Still, the scream had lasted long enough for Jayr to at least somewhat pin point where it had come from: and that happened to be the alley way not all that far off. Jayr stepped quickly but quietly: she wanted to make sure she got there in time to stop what might – and probably was – happening, but she also didn't want to scare the bastard off before she arrived or worse cause him to panic and slice his target.

As Jayr reached the mouth of the alley way she leaned against the building, peering around the corner while keeping the majority of herself hidden: this way she could look and see what was going on without out right being detected.

“Your money or your life.”

“Please, I don't have any money.”

“Give me your purse, bitch!”

“Take it, just let me go!”

Jayr watched as the mugger snatched the woman's purse before the woman ran down the alley way and straight towards the mouth of it where Jayr was hidden. The mugger, a man wearing a black mask and all black clothing, was too busy paying attention to see Jayr reach out and grab the woman and yank her out of the way. Jayr put her finger to her lips in the universal sign of silence before the woman could scream. “Stay here”, Jayr whispered. “I'll go get your purse back from him. Do not go back into that alley, I will bring it to you. Do you understand?”

The woman was frightened but obviously smart as she nodded in understanding and leaned against the building just as Jayr had been. Glad to see that the woman wasn't going to run off and get herself hurt or anything like that Jayr allowed her attention to focus on the mugger as a plan began to form in her mind of how exactly it was she wanted to handle him.

Word Count: 445 + 459 = 904 / 500
Back to top Go down
Jayr
Lt Colonel
Jayr

PostSubject: Re: Mug the Mugger [Job, Invite Only]   Mug the Mugger [Job, Invite Only] I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 28, 2015 9:11 am

While praying silently and hoping that the woman would stay exactly where she was at Jayr walked into the alley, moving straight down the center of it and towards the mugger. The mugger, upon hearing her footsteps because Jayr was purposely not being quiet, took one look at her and then back to the purse he was digging through – he obviously was a sexist who felt that because she was a female she posed little to no threat to him. Big. Fucking. Mistake. He would have to be taught a lesson, albeit a painful one.

“Why don't you pick on someone who will actually fight back?”

“Get the hell out of here!”

“No. Like I said: why don't you pick on someone who will actually fight back? Are you scared? A bitch? You're just a bitch, aren't you?” Jayr wasn't normally one for cursing and swearing but there was a plan behind this tactic. She wanted him to make the fatal mistake of attacking her – otherwise it would make her the bully considering she was damned sure she could take this guy with one hand.

“The fuck did you just call me?!” The mugger dropped the purse which thankfully didn't spill open – it meant Jayr wouldn't have to invade the woman's privacy and personal space to get it back anymore than her privacy and personal space had already been invaded. The mugger pulled a knife and began to walk towards Jayr.

“I do believe I called you a scared bitch.”, Jayr responded, calmly.

“I'm going to make you pay for those words!” The mugger lunged, aiming to slash Jayr's shoulder with his blade. Jayr of course side stepped the attack which caused some distance to be gained between them. In one smooth motion, as the mugger turned back towards her again, Jayr preformed a crescent kick that was aimed at the mugger's hand that held the knife. As her foot connected with the mugger's hand the knife was kicked out of his hand and sent flying across the alley way.

With the knife no longer a factor in this she grabbed the man's arm – who was now looking for the knife and not paying attention to Jayr as much as he should be – and twisted it behind his back while pushing him face first towards the nearest wall. The pair slammed into the wall; Jayr cushioned by the man while he hit the wall with enough force to knock him for a loop momentarily. While he was dazed Jayr grabbed the man's other arm and pulled it and twisted it behind his back too; effectively restraining him.

Improvising and thinking quickly Jayr grabbed an old length of rope from nearby and tied it around the man's wrists as a restrain, effectively turning the rope into handcuffs. “Don't struggle. The harder you try and get loose the more those will tighten and the more uncomfortable you'll be.”

The mugger tried anyway, at least for a moment, until he realized that what Jayr said was the truth and gave it up. Jayr reached over cautiously, picked up the woman's purse by its strap and put it on her shoulder. She then led the way out of the alley. She paused by the woman, handed her the purse while remaining in control of her prisoner, nodded at her thanks, and then led the mugger off to be handed over to another officer who would lock the scum bag up.

Word Count: 587 + 904 = 1,491 / 500
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Mug the Mugger [Job, Invite Only]   Mug the Mugger [Job, Invite Only] I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Mug the Mugger [Job, Invite Only]
Page 1 of 1