Naruto RPG: Ballad of the Ninja
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Getting my Hands Dirty [Job, Invite Only]

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Jayr
Lt Colonel
Jayr

Getting my Hands Dirty [Job, Invite Only] Empty
PostSubject: Getting my Hands Dirty [Job, Invite Only]   Getting my Hands Dirty [Job, Invite Only] I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 24, 2015 9:23 pm

Mission Taken: House Work:

Sometimes certain missions really bothered Jayr because the tasks were too simply or – though she would never say this to anyone or speak her opinion out loud – a bit stupid really. However, then there were days like today when she was handed a mission that truly hit her in that big lovable heart of hers. Lea was an elderly woman whom she knew well, and she had heard of the recent episode where her servant had stolen from her. Apparently the woman had been yet unable to find a new servant because she was reaching out for help.

Well, Jayr couldn't think of a nicer lady to help. Jayr gave a nod to the man handing out assignments and turned around without a word or comment: something that caused the guy to look a bit shocked. Sheesh, had she really been coming off as that much of a jerk recently? She really needed to get a check on her temper and bad mood if that was the case.

Jayr stepped out of the building and looked at the sky, judging from the suns position that it wasn't yet noon. Smiling to herself she took off at a run towards Lea's house: this time not bothering with her music and blasting her ear drums to smithereens. Down alley ways and other short cuts she ran, wanting to take as little time as possible getting to Lea's house – she had no idea exactly what all the woman would need her help with but she wanted to ensure that she got a good bit of it done.

Within about fifteen minutes or so she reached Lea's house and came to a stop on her porch. After being careful to wipe her feet on the outside rug she lifted her hand and knocked softly. After a moment she could hear movement on the other side of the door as she waited patiently for it to be opened...

Word Count: 326 / 100
Back to top Go down
Jayr
Lt Colonel
Jayr

PostSubject: Re: Getting my Hands Dirty [Job, Invite Only]   Getting my Hands Dirty [Job, Invite Only] I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 25, 2015 10:35 am

“Coming, dear. One moment, this old lady is moving slowly today.”, Jayr heard called from the other side of the door. She couldn't help but smile a little: Lea was more than willing to call herself an old lady which is something that most elderly people would never admit or do, it was all in all a bit cute. Jayr snapped out of her thoughts as she heard the click of a lock as the deadbolt was disengaged, and then the creak of the heavy wooden door as it was opened to reveal an elderly Lea on the other side. “Oh, hello there dear. How can I help you?”, Lea asked.

“I've come to help you around the house, ma'am.”, Jayr said politely. “My name is Jayr Kyamalie.”

“Oh, I was told they would be sending someone by. It's nice to meet you Jayr, and please call me Lea. Ma'am makes me feel sort of old.”, Lea said, a playful twinkle in her eye. She stepped back to allow Jayr to enter, which she did, and then shut the door behind them. Lea led the way into the living room and Jayr followed behind, hands clasped behind her back as she looked around in pleasant curiosity. “I'm so glad you're here, Jayr. I really need a lot done. Now, of course, I don't expect you to get it all done: it is a lot of work after all. But, do what you can and I'll do the rest.” Lea said as she leaned over and picked up a list from a nearby table. When the elderly woman straightened back up she handed the list of tasks that needed completed over to Jayr who took it with a gentle smile. Jayr looked down at the list and read the tasks silently to herself: windows needed washed, the kitchen floor needed swept and mopped, the door drugs needed to be taken outside and beaten of dust, the living room needed dusted, and the garbage needed taken out. They were all simple chores and Jayr saw no reason why she couldn't just go ahead and do them all for it.

“Why don't you have a seat Lea and relax, I'll take care of these and you'll have nothing to worry about.” Lea smiled, nodded, and after patting Jayr affectionately on the arm she went over to what was obviously her favorite chair and sat down, picking up a book she had obviously been reading before Jay arrived.

“Everything you need you'll find in the storage cupboard in the kitchen.”, Lea said as she nodded her head in the direction of the kitchen before turning her attention to her book which she began to read quietly. Jayr nodded and headed towards the kitchen...

Word Count: 464 + 326 = 790
Back to top Go down
Jayr
Lt Colonel
Jayr

PostSubject: Re: Getting my Hands Dirty [Job, Invite Only]   Getting my Hands Dirty [Job, Invite Only] I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 25, 2015 10:50 am

Once in the kitchen Jayr looked around. The kitchen was a decent size but relatively clean looking so Jayr knew that her task wasn't going to be hard. She went over to the giant cupboard and opened the door: inside where all kinds of supplies, pretty much anything that she would need, including garbage bags which she took one of. She placed the new bag on the counter and pulled the old bag from the can. After tying the old bag up and placing it on the floor she put the new bag into the can. After carrying the garbage outside and putting it on the curb she walked back in through the backdoor and grabbed the broom and dust pan.

She swept the kitchen floor well, ensuring that she got behind the stove and the fridge, as well as underneath of all of the cabinets and the kitchen table and chairs. She swept the dirt up and deposited it in the garbage before putting the broom and dust pan back where she got it from. As she went to grab a bucket, mop, and cleaning solution she could hear humming coming from the other room that caused her to smile. She got her next set of supplies, filled the bucket up halfway with water in the empty sink, and then added the cleaner. She then mopped the floor very well, being just as thorough as she had been when she had swept it.

When she got to the back doors rug she tossed it out on the porch. Finishing mopping she placed the bucket aside with the mop in it so the floor could dry and carefully, without leaving marks on the floor, went over to the front hallway: she paused and leaned in to the living room “Be careful going into the kitchen for a few minutes, Lea, the floors are wet from my mopping”. She grabbed the front door mat and went out the front door and around Lea's house. She leaned both rugs over the porch's railing and beat them out with a nearby stick until dust stopped falling from them, something that took roughly ten or so minutes due to how thick the carpets were.

She then went back around the building and in through the front door. She placed the proper mat back and then walked down the hallway. She paused at the edge of the kitchen, checking to see if the floors were dry, which they were, and put the back door mat back in place. She dumped the dirty mop water out in the sink, rinsed the sink and bucket out, and then placed everything back in the cabinet before grabbing some window cleaner and rags.

Around the house she went, starting from the kitchen and working her way through the living room, hall ways, up the steps, into Lea's bedroom and the bathroom as well as the upstairs hallway. She was careful as she washed the windows, nothing less then perfection would do, and streaks were no where in sight. When she finished she returned the products, putting the rags in the proper basket, and grabbed the duster and headed towards the living room...

Word Count: 533 + 790 = 1,323
Back to top Go down
Jayr
Lt Colonel
Jayr

PostSubject: Re: Getting my Hands Dirty [Job, Invite Only]   Getting my Hands Dirty [Job, Invite Only] I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 25, 2015 10:56 am

Jayr gave the living room a proper dusting, ensuring that every surface was wiped down and completely dust free. Any little pretty figurines that were around were likewise wiped off, as was the television screen as well. When Jayr was certain that she had got every inch of surface she walked back into the kitchen and through the back door. She shook out the dust cloth and then walked back inside and deposited it into its proper basket before closing the supply cupboard up.

Jayr walked back into the living room with a smile on her face and hands clasped politely in front of her. “I'm all finished, Lea. Is there anything else you need my help with before I go?”, Jayr asked the elderly female politely.

Lea looked up from the book she had been reading with a smile and shook her head. “No, dear. That will be all. Is there anything left on that list I need to do?”

“No, ma'am. I did it all for you.”

Lea gasped, obviously shocked by this. “My my. I couldn't even get my servant to do all of that for me. Thank you very much, child. You certainly are a rare gem. Hard to find these days. Go on, child. Have some fun, you've definitely earned it.”

Jayr smiled, nodded and even bowed before she turned and walked out of the living room, down the hallway, and out of Lea's front door. She shut the door behind her and hopped off of the porch, glad that she had done all of the woman's chores for her, especially after the kind words Lea had spoken to Jayr.

Word Count: 276 + 1,323 = 1,599
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Getting my Hands Dirty [Job, Invite Only]   Getting my Hands Dirty [Job, Invite Only] I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Getting my Hands Dirty [Job, Invite Only]
Page 1 of 1