Naruto RPG: Ballad of the Ninja
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Blaze of Glory [Katon Training | Karukaya & Co + Invite]

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Karukaya
Jounin (S-Rank)
Jounin (S-Rank)
Karukaya

Blaze of Glory [Katon Training | Karukaya & Co + Invite] - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Blaze of Glory [Katon Training | Karukaya & Co + Invite]   Blaze of Glory [Katon Training | Karukaya & Co + Invite] - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 16, 2015 5:54 pm

Oh, and there as Jayr. He remained perfectly calm, even with the massive rageragerage vibes coming off his wife. He knew there was little to fear; even with the Ama nin showing off in response to his display, he felt no reason to worry. So far, the foreigner had been perfectly peaceable, and had a significantly better attitude than most ranking member of the Amagakure military that he'd met over the years. As of that moment, there was no real reason to trust him, but Okami hadn't given him any reasons to be worried, beyond the usual worry he felt for family around strangers. Raising his arms above his head in a long, easy stretch once more; "He is a jounin from Amagakure. Name is Okami, wants to train with me. We've been showing off and such, mostly. Little One was enjoying my fireworks."

Simple, to the point. Nothing more was really needed; beyond him moving over to her and slipping his arms around her form, pulling her close and raising his body temperature a few degrees in a way that to them would be soothing and affectionate; it was definitely more public friendly than anything else they would have done; that was for sure. "He's clean in the books, that's the only reason we're still standing here." That, and he had a significant advantage over the other ninja, he had the eyes and training to get a good idea of the power of other ninja without needing to test them outright; the man's description of himself as needing training was accurate; but that was so for Karukaya as well; and with his perceptive abilities and such he could see that he was in much better shape overall. It's not like he couldn't have Coen Dragoon leaping across the village to come help, or half a dozen dogs, or Fa Mulan, if she wasn't busy with Art; coming to help in less than a minute if shit went south.

"I've cleared up the light pneumonia Mitten's had. She should be pretty stable for the next few days. We can figure out how she got here by herself later, Love."

WC: 370

370 + 5015 = 5385 / 6000 S-SS Katon (Secondary)
Back to top Go down
Okami
Jounin (A-Rank)
Jounin (A-Rank)
Okami

PostSubject: Re: Blaze of Glory [Katon Training | Karukaya & Co + Invite]   Blaze of Glory [Katon Training | Karukaya & Co + Invite] - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 16, 2015 6:49 pm

0448#words
0700#chakra

#Jounin(A)

©2013 caliburn

Okami let up on the chakra cloak as Karukaya spoke. He felt he would be less threatening to the wolf-like Jayr if he let up, even though his vision sparked and sputtered out. Blinking his left eye several times, he felt the bleeding stop. Everything was black, and he knew it would be so for around an hour. The rage vibes coming off the lady before him, however, would probably last until someone was dead. Bowing in the most polite manner possible, he decided that it would be best to try to waylay any hard feelings before they developed. He had much experience with this, given his noble upbringing.

"Hello! My name is Okami, and I'm an A-Rank Jounin from Amagakure. I came here to study Katon with your husband, as he is one of the greatest shinobi of our era. We were busy assessing my abilities and whether or not Karukaya's training would be applicable when little Mitsukai wandered along with your wolf. I'm afraid I don't know the first thing about medical practices other than basic first aid, so I honestly can't be of any help with treatment unless you need things gathered. I would love to be of help any way I can, however. If there's anything you need, just ask!"

Saying that, Okami would stand straight up again, his lopsided smile turning into a grimace as he clutched his chest. Pulling out his vial of pain medication, he popped two in his mouth and swallowed hard. It would appear that using Fire-based chakra burned the pills out of his system faster, and the scant half an hour they'd been there had been enough time for the medicine to wear off. His doctors had warned him of such a thing happening, and it was excruciatingly painful to say the least.

Breathing low and heavy as the pain meds kicked in, he offered a weak smile to the couple and to Mitsukai. Pulling his flak jacket open and his shirt down, he would once again reveal his well muscled chest with the ugly pink scar running across the center, not two centimeters from his heart. "I was betrayed by an informant not two weeks ago, and he shot me with a Raiton-infused arrow. It hurts, but I'll live. I probably won't even keep the scar. Doctors weren't sure of it, considering not a couple of weeks before that I broke 3 ribs and crushed half my organs, but it turns out I'm hard to kill!"

Laughing and coughing in equal measure, he quickly redid the clasps of his flak jacket. Today turned out to be interesting already, and he wondered how more so it would become.
technique log

N/A
Back to top Go down
Mittens
Sergeant (C)
Sergeant (C)
Mittens

PostSubject: Re: Blaze of Glory [Katon Training | Karukaya & Co + Invite]   Blaze of Glory [Katon Training | Karukaya & Co + Invite] - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 16, 2015 7:45 pm

Mitsukai's attention shifted from Karukaya and Okami and on to her sister Jayr as she came skidding to a stop right next to her husband. Jayr looked at her and even before she said anything Mitsukai knew that her sister wasn't quite as angry as she was concerned; sure enough this assumption was solidified when she heard Jayr speak, being called by her nickname of Mittens instead of her actual name like her sister would have had she truly been angry with her. Still, her sister's words were enough to have her squirming a bit and feeling guilty. Mitsukai knew she shouldn't have made the journey alone, but given at the time what had been happening she hadn't wanted to wait until Jayr got the message and came to get her, or sent someone else to bring her to Hinowa.

However, Jayr's attention wasn't stuck on her for long before she inquired about Okami. Mittens kept quiet as Karu explained that the stranger was a Jounin from Amagakure named Okami who had come to Hinowa to inquire about being trained by Karu. She then listened as Karu explained that he had cleared up the bit of penomonia that Mittens had, and that she would be pretty stable for the next few days. This caused Mitsukai to nod her head several times in agreement and smile. "Karu fixed me, JayJay! I feel much better now."

Once she confirmed what Karu had said she shifted her attention to Cana, noticing that the wolf had placed her head on her lap in a clear attempt to get attention. Giggling softly she would reach down and scratch at Cana's head and around her ears just like she liked. "Silly Cana.", she muttered softly, keeping her attention focused on the wolf to give the adults a chance to talk - Mitsukai tended to forget from time to time that her rank technically made her an adult, even though she was ten years old.

WC: 335 + 1,720 = 2,055
Back to top Go down
Jayr
Lt Colonel
Jayr

PostSubject: Re: Blaze of Glory [Katon Training | Karukaya & Co + Invite]   Blaze of Glory [Katon Training | Karukaya & Co + Invite] - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 16, 2015 8:17 pm

"....." In silence Jayr listened as her husband explained who exactly Okami was. The fact that an Amagakure nin was in Hinowa searching for training wasn't exactly odd; they all tended to have their reputations given their connections with both the Rakuenkage and the Commander General. People talked, whispers went around, and rumors of their abilities and exploits spread. The mixture of the information - since she trusted Karu with her life and the life of her sister - as well as Karukaya's arms around her form and the added relaxing heat were enough to have her calming down significantly. There was no need to rip the visitors head off, after all, nor give a bad impression if his intentions were true and honest: and knowing Karu had they not been the man would have been turned to ash by now.

"Alright. I'm definitely curious to hear that one...", she said in response to Karu mentioning they could figure out later how exactly Mittens had made it on her own to the village. Jayr's golden colored gaze shifted over towards her sister, eyeing her curiously as she petted on Cana and scratched her around the ears in a way that had the wolf's leg twitching and her tail thumping hard against the ground.

It was then that she shifted her attention onto the newcomer. "My apologies if I came off a bit... aggresive. I'm very protective over my family, especially when I hear that one of them is very ill." It was about as nice as she could put it really; the fact that she hadn't outright attacked him upon arriving on the scene was yet another thank-you, though an unspoken one. Jayr had gotten a good bit of control over her feral urges; turning partially into a wolf had definitely changed her demeanor, but thankfully Karu's presence was enough to keep her calm and stable the majority of the time, so she hadn't decided to attack first and ask questions later.

It was then that she got a look at the man's wound; eyebrows raising a bit in curiosity. He was lucky, that much was evident. The fact that he was here for training spoke wonders on the kind of drive and initiative he had too. "All of that and you still come to get training off of Karu? That takes balls." A simple statement, but a true one.
Back to top Go down
Karukaya
Jounin (S-Rank)
Jounin (S-Rank)
Karukaya

PostSubject: Re: Blaze of Glory [Katon Training | Karukaya & Co + Invite]   Blaze of Glory [Katon Training | Karukaya & Co + Invite] - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 18, 2015 2:46 am

"Agreed. You have to give credit for that; do even be on your feet by now is rather impressive; let alone to believe you could keep up with someone in prime condition. It is one of the reasons I was willing to humor him, if nothing else. For the moment, we will have to postpone any sort of actual training, at least with me supervising. However, so long as nothing going wrong, I should have time in a day or two to at least start a lesson one on one. I would need to make sure that Little One is properly settled; and her father knows that she is safe. We do not need to have him racing over, he may just nuke part of the village, just because he can. Which, would set Temaki off, and that would cause a few volcanic eruptions. Ah, the wonders of living in an active caldera."

Actually... no that he was thinking about it, even for a moment; he realized he had training scrolls on him, he was going to give them to Artemis for her own training, but it wasn't like he didn't have copies. Multiples. Paper plus fire equaled a massive monthly bill for replacing paper scrolls and books. Reaching into his hip pouch, he fished the correct item out and held it up, so that Okami could see it. He then tossed it over, an easy underhand chuck that was slow and would be nearly impossible to fumble. "Read over that, we'll discuss it when I can work with you properly. It's theorems on control and the nature of fire; how to work with fire that is hyper condensed and such. If you've worked with highly powerful fire enough, you'll have noticed how it becomes almost liquid, and the normal movements and such needed to direct and control it no longer work. That's what your first lesson will focus on. I would also suggest that you find the water training grounds, observing the movements of the water chakra users can be extremely beneficial, and it's always a good place to work on your base fire power. In my younger years, I would drop myself in the icy water and focus my fires until I overcame them; it was one of the ways I pushed my flames to the level they are at. It's not much of a secret, either; but extremely uncomfortable, so not many ever try to do it. There is also low oxygen training; that is supremely beneficial for learning fine control. Once you can create a flame that will not die, even in extreme low oxygen environments; and do it without killing yourself in the process, you've reached heights of power and control few ever dream of. I gained more offensive power through that line of training than I had in years."

His attention returned to his wife and young sister, he was working over his supplies and such back at his other, preferred, office. There should be enough there to get a much better idea of what was going on with her. "Come, let's show Mittens the animals in the office. If the elephant is still there, I will see if the old girl will let her ride." He released Jayr and moved away a bit, enough to where he was able to lift of Mitten's and place her on his shoulders. He wasn't worried at all about her being that high, nor did he have any reason to be. He could easily support her, and he was fast enough to catch her if she started to fall. If not him, Jayr could. He also knew it would make Mittens extremely happy to be that high up, and he could run just fast enough to give her the sensation of flying, without risking her safety. "Coen and Roku will be stopping by later as well, Coen can take her around the large enclosure, if she asks nicely."

WC: 674

674 + 5385 = 6059

6000 / 6000 S-SS Katon (Secondary)

59 remaining.

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Blaze of Glory [Katon Training | Karukaya & Co + Invite]   Blaze of Glory [Katon Training | Karukaya & Co + Invite] - Page 2 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Blaze of Glory [Katon Training | Karukaya & Co + Invite]
Page 1 of 1