Naruto RPG: Ballad of the Ninja
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Question 1: Fighting and Pressure Points

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Zaiaku
Kouyakage
Kouyakage
Zaiaku

Question 1: Fighting and Pressure Points Empty
PostSubject: Question 1: Fighting and Pressure Points   Question 1: Fighting and Pressure Points I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 16, 2015 11:17 am

This one has been bugging me for a long time now as I began studying about acupuncture/pressure. So yeah, how would we work with pressure points while fighting, namely with basic physical strikes. It's quite obvious the pressure points can do quite a bit of damage. Hell, if you hit the temple hard enough you can flat-out kill someboy, while the bracial plexis origin (located behind the collarbone) can cause intense pain just by being touched too hard (can also kill you). How would these normally deadly things work here in-terms of END and STR stats?
Back to top Go down
Jai
Commander General of Hanagakure no Sato
Commander General of Hanagakure no Sato
Jai

PostSubject: Re: Question 1: Fighting and Pressure Points   Question 1: Fighting and Pressure Points I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 17, 2015 12:06 pm

Zaiaku wrote:
This one has been bugging me for a long time now as I began studying about acupuncture/pressure. So yeah, how would we work with pressure points while fighting, namely with basic physical strikes. It's quite obvious the pressure points can do quite a bit of damage. Hell, if you hit the temple hard enough you can flat-out kill someboy, while the  bracial plexis origin (located behind the collarbone) can cause intense pain just by being touched too hard (can also kill you). How would these normally deadly things work here in-terms of END and STR stats?

Because of how they work, a pressure point would be the 'weaknesses' of END, as they hurt like hell and can take you down, no matter how 'tough' you are. As for STR, it wouldnt really matter? You don't have to be very strong to harm a pressure point [Least, from my knowledge].
Back to top Go down
Zaiaku
Kouyakage
Kouyakage
Zaiaku

PostSubject: Re: Question 1: Fighting and Pressure Points   Question 1: Fighting and Pressure Points I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 17, 2015 12:16 pm

I believe strength does matter, at least somewhat. While it does not take a lot to severely hurt or even kill a person via a well-placed pressure point strike, it doesn't exactly make much sense for someone with D-3 strength to hurt someone via pressure point who has SS-3 endurance, if you get what I'm trying to say.
Back to top Go down
Karukaya
Jounin (S-Rank)
Jounin (S-Rank)
Karukaya

PostSubject: Re: Question 1: Fighting and Pressure Points   Question 1: Fighting and Pressure Points I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 17, 2015 12:22 pm

Jai wrote:
Zaiaku wrote:
This one has been bugging me for a long time now as I began studying about acupuncture/pressure. So yeah, how would we work with pressure points while fighting, namely with basic physical strikes. It's quite obvious the pressure points can do quite a bit of damage. Hell, if you hit the temple hard enough you can flat-out kill someboy, while the  bracial plexis origin (located behind the collarbone) can cause intense pain just by being touched too hard (can also kill you). How would these normally deadly things work here in-terms of END and STR stats?

Because of how they work, a pressure point would be the 'weaknesses' of END, as they hurt like hell and can take you down, no matter how 'tough' you are. As for STR, it wouldnt really matter? You don't have to be very strong to harm a pressure point [Least, from my knowledge].

There are some very deep points you need to be fairly strong to hit, but in general you're right about not needing much strength. Pressure points have always been the bane of the tough guy with high tolerance to strike and stuff. However, not a lot of people are going to be able to hit pressure points in battle, the only reason we see Haku do it is because he's specifically trained to do it, Zabuza wss expecting it to happen and therefore leaving his guard partially down, and took them all by surprise. He also picked the one moment of the fight when he could make the shot without instantly missing, or killing him.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Question 1: Fighting and Pressure Points   Question 1: Fighting and Pressure Points I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Question 1: Fighting and Pressure Points
Page 1 of 1