Naruto RPG: Ballad of the Ninja
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

A New Mission? [Jayr | Private | invite only]

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Jai
Commander General of Hanagakure no Sato
Jai

A New Mission? [Jayr | Private | invite only] Empty
PostSubject: A New Mission? [Jayr | Private | invite only]   A New Mission? [Jayr | Private | invite only] I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 10, 2015 10:57 pm

It would not take them long to reach his office; the beauty of that paricular bar was that it wasnt far from his office, or his home. Jai might have had something do with the planning, aside that he knew the owner personally and told him not to worry about getting his project approved with code enforcement.

He wasnt abusing his power, not at all.

The commander general nodded to his secretary, before stepping into his office. He left the door open for the moment, as he was sure his daughter was right behind him, more than likely with her hands full with thier coffee. He would make his way behind his desk, opening draws and moving about papers, searching for something. "Xio, have you see that dossier I requested this morning," he called out to his assistant, whom was standing by the doorway. "I can't seem to find it."

"Upper left drawer, sir. I moved it so that it would not get confused with the Wolfpack candidate files."

"Ah, gotcha. Thank you, Xio."

"Yessir."

Taking a seat behind the desk, the male opened the drawer and fished out the file detailing the mission. Hopefully, by this time, Jayr would have arrived. "Say Jayjay, off the top of your head, how long does it take to get to Hinowa? You know?"

Taking WC from here.
Total WC: 1248
Back to top Go down
Jayr
Lt Colonel
Jayr

PostSubject: Re: A New Mission? [Jayr | Private | invite only]   A New Mission? [Jayr | Private | invite only] I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 10, 2015 11:10 pm

Jayr had followed her father inside, coffee's still in hand. Thankfully, no one had tried to stop them from leaving: that wouldn't have turned out pretty. Cana, from the way she was keeping so close, was in over-protective mode: which meant simply that the large wolf was likely to show her true nature the moment she even thought someone was threatening Jayr. Cana could be adorable, almost like a regular puppy, but there was no denying that she was a pure blooded wolf when she got into a mood like this – and she was a damn sight larger then the average one at that.

As it was, Cana sniffed the air when they arrived in Jai's office, looked around for a moment, and then promptly sprawled by the door in an excellent imitation of an immovable tank... one that had sharp ass teeth and vicious claws. That didn't mean people couldn't come and go of course: it simply meant that the moment Jai or Jayr showed annoyance over someone's arrival Cana was likely going to go beast-mode on them. Not pretty, not pretty at all.

Jayr placed her father's coffee down on his desk and then popped the tab up of her own: cream and sugar had already been added, as had flavoring. The aroma from the coffee itself was sobering enough, but the first sip that Jayr took definitely kicked her drunken self in the ass. She thought over her father's question quickly. ”Depends whose going. I'd take me maybe hours, depending on if I bothered with boats and such... the average person? Days. If not longer.”

Another sip of her coffee was had before she sat herself down comfortably in one of the nicer chairs of her father's office: she had spent enough time here to know them by sight. Cana remained by the door, though her attention was clearly on the conversation at hand.
Back to top Go down
Jai
Jai

PostSubject: Re: A New Mission? [Jayr | Private | invite only]   A New Mission? [Jayr | Private | invite only] I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 10, 2015 11:34 pm

”Depends whose going. I'd take me maybe hours, depending on if I bothered with boats and such... the average person? Days. If not longer.”

Days? She was showing off, but the commander general could not help but smile. She was his daughter after all, and he expected nothing less from her, given her ranking. But as it were, he knew full well how long it would take someone to get to Hinowa; he'd been there several times in his youth before he'd been named commander general, but for the moment, he was going to play as if he didnt know. "Oh really? I thought it took like three weeks..." he winked at her, as he slid the file containing her mission briefing to her. It was simple enough mission, one that required her to deliver a letter to the leader of village of Hinowa. "Silly me, I already approved clearance to have you off rotation for three weeks to deliver this message."

The male reached out, lifting his coffee and popping the tab to take a sip. He then let out a loud sigh, making a large display of staring down at the clearance papers. "I think it we can change it, can we Xio? I mean, since Jayr here claims she can get to Hinowa in a few hours and back, I don't think she needs a three week window, do you?"

Xio grinned from beside the door, arms crossing over his chest. "I can arrange the paperwork if need be, sir."

"I think you should." Of course, the commander general was joking -- he knew it was well within his power to do so, if he wanted. But his reason for requesting such a broad time frame was that Jayr needed the break -- something the rest of the generals could not deny, given everything she had done in the past few weeks -- and there was a need to send a message to Hinowa reguarding the recent string of attacks. The council of generals wished to know if Hinowa was expierencing anything similar to Hana.

WC: 1593
Back to top Go down
Jayr
Lt Colonel
Jayr

PostSubject: Re: A New Mission? [Jayr | Private | invite only]   A New Mission? [Jayr | Private | invite only] I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 10, 2015 11:50 pm

Jayr snorted before taking another sip of her coffee and lounging comfortably with her legs up and over the arm of the chair with her back resting against the other. She took the file, opened it, and looked it over before closing it and placing it back down on his desk. Hinowa... she had been wanting to go there for some time, though she had never actually bothered to voice it: she had heard rumors about the kage of that village, more particularly about a fuuinjutsu seal she had had tattooed on her body that had very explosive properties. She knew the woman called herself 'the unconventional kage' and had wanted a chance to meet her for some time now. Apparently, she now had that chance.

“Oh if you want a reply from her I'm pretty sure it'll take three weeks regardless of how long it takes me to get there... she is called the unconventional kage after all.” Jayr turned her head, looking over to Cana who was still sprawled by the door. ”Cana, how's a road trip sound?” The wolf jumped instantly to her feet, prancing in place while her tail began to thump against everything and anything it could make contact with: she was all on board with that plan apparently.

Jayr, taking another sip of her coffee looked towards her dad with a grin. ”Well, suppose that settles that... “ She knew Cana wouldn't have wanted to stay behind, but it still never heard to ask: she treated the wolf as if she were her equal, and in all ways she technically was – they watched each others backs after all.
Back to top Go down
Jai
Jai

PostSubject: Re: A New Mission? [Jayr | Private | invite only]   A New Mission? [Jayr | Private | invite only] I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 11, 2015 8:13 am

"Wonderful. You leave tomorrow morning, dear." Jai grinned at his daughter before reclining in his chair. This was looking up to be a good day. Reaching out again, he lifted his coffee again and sipped, contemplating something. Lowering the cup, he tipped his head at his daughter, eyebrow raising somewhat. "I need not remind you that you're going as a representitivie of Hana, do I? I need you to be my eyes out there; though we are on neutral terms with Hinowa, keep an eye on thier military strength. I'd rather not be caught by suprise. Otherwise, have fun. If you have no other questions, you're free to go if you want."

Reaching into another drawer, he removed a new folder, one marked with the name of Lt. Bankai. Flipping it open, he looked about at the contents. It seemed that this kid was from one of the wealthy families of the city, the ones that likened themselves to 'royalty'. Jai could only shudder; he didnt like those families. Those same families were the ones who openly opposed his rise to the commander general's office. While they were indeed entitled to thier opinion of who should run the country, thier tactics were... less than noble. Slander, bribery and even an assassination attempts were thier tactics of choice, all to put someone they could control into power. When it became clear that Jai could handle himself quite well, they attempted to gain his favor, with bribery.

Needless to say, they were not happy when he shot them down.

Rubbing his eyes, the commander general picked up another paper -- a formal complaint issued by an advisor of the Elder of Etherblade. According to the complaint, it seemed that the elder was struck by the Lt. Bankai during the evacuation of Etherblade. "Oh gods, why the fuck would you even do that. You're a soldier, for fucks sake."

From beside the door, Xio would look up from his own paperwork, curious as to what was going on. "Something wrong, sir?"

"No, no. Just wondering how the fuck certain people believe they can do anything they want and get away with it." Jai tossed the papers back onto the desk with a loud sigh, rubbing at his temples. Something had to be done; he was required to issue out some sort of disciplinary action given what this kid had done. But at the same time, to come down on this Misaki kid would have his family breathing down his fucking neck for the next few months. But what this kid did was unacceptable; while in uniform, you were representing the military, no matter what business the person had with your family. He was supposed to act like a soldier.

"Do you know anything about this Misaki Bankai kid? Anything at all?" The question was pointed to no one in particular; Jayr, if she was still there.

Total WC 2348
Back to top Go down
Jayr
Lt Colonel
Jayr

PostSubject: Re: A New Mission? [Jayr | Private | invite only]   A New Mission? [Jayr | Private | invite only] I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 11, 2015 9:06 am

Tomorrow morning... that left her more than enough time to pack the basics she would bother bringing for herself and Cana. Jayr didn't require a whole lot: training taught her to get what she needed from her surroundings. Besides, she had been saving her ryo up from every single mission for nothing at all in particular which meant she could go on an all out shopping spree if she wanted. Fun times, fun times indeed. Course' the chances of her actually doing that were slim.

At her father's next words she focused on him and not her mental musings. “No worries. Unlike some people I know how to conduct myself appropriately. I will not maim, maul, bite, scratch, blow up, or bitch slap anyone, especially a high ranking official of the village...”, she paused, remembering that exact rumor that she had heard – though, it wasn't a rumor given that she had seen the mark when the elder had hugged her and thanked her later on: she didn't like people touching her she didn't know, but she had dealt with it well enough and allowed it because he was gracious his village had been saved.

At her father's next words in which he said she was free to go if she wanted she simply took another sip of her coffee and glanced over to Cana: the wolf was asleep. “I so need to learn that skill; falling asleep on command.”

She then looked back to her father, catching on to his frustration. Her head tilted a bit, as she listened to the brief conversation between him and Xio. Another sip of her coffee and she glanced through the tiny hole in the lid to see it was almost empty: she'd have the rest finished in no time which was a bit sad considering how delicious it was and how it was keeping her very much sober at the moment. “Dude's a noble or some such; I avoid them like they have the bubonic plague. He's the one that slapped the elder right? I saw the mark on the elder's face when he was hugging me in thanks.” She didn't need to add that the entire time she was internally screaming 'OHGODWHYISHEHUGGINGME?' on top of 'IFHETOUCHESMYASSIT'SGOINGDOWN!'. Of course, he had been dragged off of her by his family before that could happen, which saved Jayr from more hugging thank god: she didn't mind being touched by people she knew, not so much when it came to random strangers – especially when the strangers were old men.
Back to top Go down
Jai
Jai

PostSubject: Re: A New Mission? [Jayr | Private | invite only]   A New Mission? [Jayr | Private | invite only] I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 11, 2015 10:08 pm

“Dude's a noble or some such; I avoid them like they have the bubonic plague. He's the one that slapped the elder right? I saw the mark on the elder's face when he was hugging me in thanks.”

"Sorry, sir. I don't know anything about him either." Wonderful. No one knew anything about him, cept that he was from one of the 'Noble' families. Releasing another sigh of frustration, the commander general gathered up the files concerning the alleged assualt, before nodding to Xio. "Please send for Bankai. I need to get this over with. If he wants to continue being a soldier within this military, then he needs a reminder that while he is clothed in the uniform, his personal ties with someone do not matter."

"Yessir!" After snapping a quick salute, Xio would depart the office, leaving to find the Lieutenant. Turning his attention to Jayr, he nodded to her. "Last chance to bail out, specially if you don't want to see this go down. I honestly do not know what to expect from this kid -- those noble families have their pride, and him being disciplined by someone 'common' born, reguardless of rank might not go over well."

WC: 2548
Back to top Go down
Jayr
Lt Colonel
Jayr

PostSubject: Re: A New Mission? [Jayr | Private | invite only]   A New Mission? [Jayr | Private | invite only] I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 11, 2015 10:17 pm

Jayr thought about her options for a quick moment: if she bailed out she could avoid seeing things get ugly, and just like her father said it might not go over well. She tilted her head back, downed the rest of the coffee within her cup, and then tossed it in the garbage. ”Eh, maybe I should leave... get my packing done and some sleep before I leave in the morning.” Jayr got up out of her chair, moved around her father's desk, and gave him a quick hug.

When she was done she released her hold on him and walked over to the door, pausing to look at Cana. ”Come on, Cana... dad's got stuff to do and we need to pack and rest up before we leave in the morning.” Cana yawned, stretched, and then the pair moved out the door.

[Exit Thread]
Back to top Go down
The author of this message was banned from the forum - See the message
Jai
Jai

PostSubject: Re: A New Mission? [Jayr | Private | invite only]   A New Mission? [Jayr | Private | invite only] I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 16, 2015 11:01 am

That took much longer than he expected; the commander general had time to organize his desk, and set aside the files containing the wolfpack cadidates. By the time Bankai would arrive, he would be waiting calmly behind his head, fingers tented before him. As the knock came to the door, he would nod to Xio, and the young male would open the door.

"Come in, Bankai. Take a seat." The voice was calm, even. Even his expression was a blank emotionless mask -- a tactic he picked up from his late wife. As the commander general would wait for Bankai to take his seat, he reached into a draw, and pulled out a file to set on the desk. "I want you to tell me what happened on the day that we went to Etherblade, Bankai."
Back to top Go down
Jai
Jai

PostSubject: Re: A New Mission? [Jayr | Private | invite only]   A New Mission? [Jayr | Private | invite only] I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 17, 2015 8:20 pm

"After the four of us split up into the the two man cells, Captain Kotaro Fuma and I headed to the village of Etherblade itself. Upon arrival we realized that in the least, the inhabitants of the village took some measure to protect themselves with wooden barricades all around the perimeter of the city. We easily got past these and went in further. Etherblade I am familiar with it; the Misaki clan has gladly donated to the village when they needed the funds. Nothing was too great for the clan to do for them. They are after all citizens of Hanagakure. I know the village leader personally from attending these events and view him an an uncle. He knows my father and views us as family. I ran as fast as I possibly could to Elder's house and banged on his door, it was a time of crisis and did what I thought was right. He came out and I told him what I needed him to do. And that was when he started speaking of gathering material things before thinking about the lives of his people. And then I struck him... Yes, I struck him because I needed the elder to think clearly. I evaluated the situation and seeing that we were in a situation where anything could happen at any given time, I quickly formulated the one way I know of snapping a person's senses back in working order. And it worked as well. At once, the elder brought back a box of smoke flares. He had his men ride along side with us on horse back and shoot warning flares in the air to make people out in the fields tending their crop aware o the emergency. The village bell was also used to warn those that are in the village. No doubt Elder Katsumi had practiced this before. Everything was running smoothly as the people gathered at the town square and he made them follow me and Captain Kotaro Fuma down into the ancient escape passages and out to the muster point. It so happened the fire demon did not venture into Etherblade I was informed."

Jai rubbed his temples and sighed. While Bankai had indeed done a good job in making sure the people of the village was evacuated in case the situation with the fire demon got of hand, the problem as he admitted himself was that he'd struck the elder. The commander general drew in a breath and considered his next few words carefully. "Bankai, when you put on your uniform, you become a part of the military. You represent the might of Hanagakure, and by extension, you represent me. Your personal relationships should be set aside while you are on duty, no matter how close you are to someone. For anyone else viewing this situation from the outside, who did not know what was going on, or did not know you knew Elder Katsumi personally, it would seem as if one of our soldiers was abusing civilians, and the last thing we need is to lose the trust of the people." His voice remained even and as he spoke; he had no intention of screaming today, but he would make sure that this man understood that he had fucked up. Royally.

Tapping the report on the desk in front of him, the commander general continued on, a frown crossing onto his face as his eyes narrowed at the man before him. "We cannot have you striking civilians -- or in the case of Elder Katsumi, a government official -- regardless if you know them personally or not, or if your father knows them, if they are family, or whatever the situation might be. By all rights I could have you arrested, put on trial and court marshalled, and dishonorably dischared for actions unbecoming of an officer. You should fucking know better, Bankai, espcially given your background." Fingers would drum the top desk as Jai stared at Bankai. By the door, Xio would cough nervously; it was clear he did not like this situation even though he was not the one being spoken to. He knew his commander general well enough to know that despite Jai's calm exterior, he was livid.

"Well, Bankai? What do you have to say for yourself?" Though he knew it would most likely infuriate him even more, he would allow this man a chance to explain his case.

Total WC: 3421
Back to top Go down
Jai
Jai

PostSubject: Re: A New Mission? [Jayr | Private | invite only]   A New Mission? [Jayr | Private | invite only] I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 25, 2015 1:01 pm

"What can I say Commander General? The mere fact that I was not able to serve you to how you wish then I should take it upon myself to resign and spare you the unnecessary trouble of carrying this further. I was wrong and a soldier should know the boundaries and never step over them. Whatever you decide to you sir I will follow. Even though I get dishonorably discharged for this which is a reality, I will always be loyal to Hanagakure."

Oh yea, this wasnt helping; this man attempting to suck up to him was pissing him off even more. And what the actual fuck was this shit? Had this man no pride as a soldier? Granted, his career as a soldier of Hana was on the line, but attempting to suck up to Jai would get him no where.

"Do not attempt to give me that bullshit, Bankai. You should have thought about what it meant to be a soldier before you lifted your hand against Katsumi. As of right now, you are suspended from active duty until the date of your court marshal, as well on house arrest for the duration as in lieu of being dishonorably discharged. Dismissed."

From beside the door, Xio shifted again. He knew his commander very well; Jai was possibly close to striking Bankai himself. Given the way that the commander general's knuckles were going white, now would be the time to intervene. Grasping the door handle, he would give it a twist and open it.

"This way, if you would please."

Total WC: 3682
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: A New Mission? [Jayr | Private | invite only]   A New Mission? [Jayr | Private | invite only] I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

A New Mission? [Jayr | Private | invite only]
Page 1 of 1