Naruto RPG: Ballad of the Ninja
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Tea time? Lunch times~ [Jai or Invite]

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Jai
Commander General of Hanagakure no Sato
Jai

Tea time? Lunch times~ [Jai or Invite] - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tea time? Lunch times~ [Jai or Invite]   Tea time? Lunch times~ [Jai or Invite] - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 28, 2015 10:04 pm

“No medication, doc. I have to be focused and quick on my feet to do my job properly, and those meds make it sound like I'll be anything but that. I think I'll work on figuring out what my triggers are and avoiding them. If I can't then at least I have a few people around who can snap me out of it without the risk of me hurting them.”

Jai couldn't help but smile wider at Jayr's words; knowing his daughter, he expected her to say just that. And knowing his daughter, she had to be looking for a way to turn this 'weakness' into an advantage -- was she thinking of becoming like the bersekers of old? Only time would tell...

As Jayr's turned to leave, Jai stepped out behind her, shoving his hands into his pockets to fish for something as he moved. Producing a lighter, the male reaching into a jacket pocket and pulled out a cigarette. Cupping his hands around the flame as he flicked the lighter, Jai took a quick pull from the smoke before turning to face his daughter.

"So, what now, Jayjay? What are you planning?" His voice was quiet, expectant. He motioned off in the direction of his office, before taking a running start that would allow him to leap atop a mail dropbox, then to a street lamp before he hit a nearby roof top. He figured it was quieter up there; Jayr's expression read that she had something on her mind, something she wanted to say. Why not hit a quiet place so they could talk?

Once he hit the rooftop, he began a slow walk in the direction of his office, savoring the next pull off his cig. He knew Jayr would be able to keep up; he'd trained her Kadima himself on the best ways to climb a structure in an urban enviroment when they were much younger.
Back to top Go down
Jayr
Lt Colonel
Jayr

PostSubject: Re: Tea time? Lunch times~ [Jai or Invite]   Tea time? Lunch times~ [Jai or Invite] - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 28, 2015 10:27 pm

Jayr looked up and down the street while listening to her father light a cigarette. At his question she turned to look towards him with a thoughtful expression on her face. She watched him motion off in the direction of his office before he took off running to then leap on a mail drop box, then to a steel lamp, before finally reaching a roof top. Grinning slightly – free running was after all a favorite hobby of hers – she followed after him. Not only would this be fun but it would be a way to talk without worry of being eavesdropped upon.

She could have taken the same method up as her father, but she preferred to do things her own way – or at least with her own little twist to them. So instead she headed straight to the wall of the building of the roof he was on. As she reached it she pressed her foot on the building itself, allowing her to scramble up and grab a nearby ledge of an upper story window. She hoisted herself up, climbed up the last remaining few feet, and was up on the roof top with her father with little effort and with little time wasted.

She caught up with her father and walked beside him, hands cupped together behind her back for the moment. “I was kind of thinking over what that doctor said; about the plus side of that rage. About how while I'm in it my body won't register most physical pain, and how most Genjutsu won't work on me. It sounds like something I could use to my benefit. I was thinking about discovering these triggers the doc spoke about; only not just to make it so that I can avoid going into that rage, but to also be able to put myself into it if I need to. He said I'd be a bit faster and stronger; that could always come in handy, maybe even tip a fight in my favor if needed.”

“I didn't want to say anything in front of the doctor though: I don't trust him. He seems... off to me.” It was the best way she could describe how that doctor had made her feel. She knew he had a method behind the madness he had shown by putting her into that berserker state, but it still bothered her. What would have happened had her father not been able to snap her out of that state? How long would she have been trapped in it? No, she didn't like that doctor at all. Wanting to be honest with her father she sighed and added softly, “I don't really have any intention of going back next month to see him...” Of course, she would go if her father told her too, but if left completely up to her she had absolutely no intentions of doing so: she felt she had all of the support from her family and didn't need to rely on anyone else.

“I know you and Kadi will help me if needed... and I don't really care for that doctor's tricks. I dunno, I guess I feel like he could have gone about that a little bit better.”

Word Count: 543 + 243 = 786
Stat Rea C1 – C2: 786 / 500
Remaining: 286
Back to top Go down
Jai
Jai

PostSubject: Re: Tea time? Lunch times~ [Jai or Invite]   Tea time? Lunch times~ [Jai or Invite] - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 29, 2015 7:17 pm

Jayr caught up to him easily, as expected. He moved on quietly, knowing she would follow as he took another puff of his cigarette. He remained quiet for the most part, listening carefully as Jayr began to speak.

“I was kind of thinking over what that doctor said; about the plus side of that rage. About how while I'm in it my body won't register most physical pain, and how most Genjutsu won't work on me. It sounds like something I could use to my benefit. I was thinking about discovering these triggers the doc spoke about; only not just to make it so that I can avoid going into that rage, but to also be able to put myself into it if I need to. He said I'd be a bit faster and stronger; that could always come in handy, maybe even tip a fight in my favor if needed.”

Jai didnt respond right away. Instead, he smoked at the last bit of the cig, mulling over what Jayr and the doctor said. While it was indeed a powerful ability, there was also a darkside that Jai noticed that the doctor failed to mention; even though Jayr wouldnt feel the damage done to her, pain was indeed still needed thing. Jayr could get get hurt in a way that her moving around and attacking would only aggravate the wounds to the point of causing her death. If she had no 'rational' mind to stop her from attacking, or no pain to help her realize what she was doing was making her wounds worse, she might end up fighting herself into a grave.

“I didn't want to say anything in front of the doctor though: I don't trust him. He seems... off to me. “I don't really have any intention of going back next month to see him... I know you and Kadi will help me if needed... and I don't really care for that doctor's tricks. I dunno, I guess I feel like he could have gone about that a little bit better.”

Blowing the last bit of smoke from his lungs, Jai still didnt speak just yet. He felt the same way about the session that Jayr did; the doctor could have done something differently; at the very least warned them of what he was going to do or something. Which was odd, as most doctors were very upfront and transparent with what they were doing. Pushing the thoughts from his head, he glanced over at Jayr, offering a calming smile. "Don't worry Jayjay. We got what we went for, and now we have an idea of what we're dealing with here." He nodded some, shoving his hands into his pockets. "Why don't you take the rest of the day off, Jayr? I'll send for Kadi so you two can spend some time together. You know, sisterly bonding and whatnot."
Back to top Go down
Jayr
Lt Colonel
Jayr

PostSubject: Re: Tea time? Lunch times~ [Jai or Invite]   Tea time? Lunch times~ [Jai or Invite] - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri May 01, 2015 1:42 pm

A smile crossed Jayr's face: she was glad to hear that her father didn't mind her not going back. They had gotten what they had gone for: they knew what was wrong with her, and enough information on it to research it further on their own if needed. Jayr was personally happy to know that there was no way at all she could harm either her sister or her father while in that rage mode of hers. Of course, everyone else was still fair game, but she would respond to her father and sister's orders while in that mode, so she would be able to be stopped.

At her father's next words, about taking the day off and spending some time with her sister a thoughtful expression crossed her face and her smile grew. “That could be fun. Maybe I'll get a chance to drag Kadi to that nice little cafe we went to the other day.” Her mind ran with other ideas her and her sister could do to pass the day away.

Before she turned to leave she reached over and hugged her father, smiling and back to her bubbly and happy self once more. “I'm going to head over the library for a quick five minutes and then probably head over to that cafe. Kadi will be able to find me easy enough.” Which was of course true: all her sister had to do was listen to her thoughts and she would be able to know exactly where Jayr was and what she was doing – something that the girls had been able to do since they were extremely young.

When she finished giving her father a hug she would pause to see if he had anything else to say before she would wave and take off in the direction of the library: using the rooftops instead of heading back to the ground.

[Exit Unless Prevented]

Reaction Time C2 - C3: 315 + 286 = 601 / 600
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Tea time? Lunch times~ [Jai or Invite]   Tea time? Lunch times~ [Jai or Invite] - Page 2 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Tea time? Lunch times~ [Jai or Invite]
Page 1 of 1