Naruto RPG: Ballad of the Ninja
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Blaze of Glory [Katon Training | Karukaya & Co + Invite]

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Okami
Jounin (A-Rank)
Jounin (A-Rank)
Okami

Blaze of Glory [Katon Training | Karukaya & Co + Invite] Empty
PostSubject: Blaze of Glory [Katon Training | Karukaya & Co + Invite]   Blaze of Glory [Katon Training | Karukaya & Co + Invite] I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 09, 2015 5:31 pm

0293#words
0800#chakra

#Jounin(A)

©2013 caliburn

Coming up over a rise, Okami heaved outward. Hinowagakure, the Village Hidden in the Ring of Fire, was situated in a volcanic crater. While this made for beautiful scenery, it was a long walk from the base to the caldera. It was made even longer once one considered that Okami was from Amagakure, which was situated a ways to the north and east. Sliding down the side of the crater, Okami came to a halt at the base. He still had a mile or so to go, and then rigorous training would ensue. He needed to learn how to master his Fire Style, and there was a ninja here who had taken that to the next level. His name was Karukaya, and he had mastered Katon in the extreme, even combining it with Raiton to create Novaton, or Nova Style. It would be an honor to train under him.

Moving into the city itself, he made his way to the Administration Building. It wasn't hard to find, being the tallest place in the Village, and it was easily spotted from the entrance. Walking in, he spoke to the girl at the front desk with a polite smile and tone. "Hello? I'm looking for a Karukaya-san. Is he available, or should I come back later?"

It would be obvious that he was an Amagakure shinobi, the headband settled loosely around his neck, a white flak jacket done up over a long sleeve black shirt with matching pants. A finely-crafted katana sat on his back, and his mismatched eyes would seem to shimmer underneath his black and white hair. Smiling again, he waited patiently in a chair as the young lady sent out a courier to let Karukaya know that someone wished to see him.
technique log

N/A

Last edited by Okami on Sat Dec 12, 2015 1:09 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Karukaya
Jounin (S-Rank)
Jounin (S-Rank)
Karukaya

PostSubject: Re: Blaze of Glory [Katon Training | Karukaya & Co + Invite]   Blaze of Glory [Katon Training | Karukaya & Co + Invite] I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 09, 2015 7:04 pm

"Karu, you busy?"

He'd missed the knock on the door jam, his door was never closed (unless he had Jayr or Temaki 'visiting', at which point it was locked, barred, and the room sound-proofed), but he'd been focused heavily on the paperwork on his desk. It was requisition forms, this time of year the Jounin sensei where all begging for fresh gears and training materials, and he always ended up taking the task of dealing with it instead of Temaki; he came from a family of merchants and was better with money, so he was able to do the magic needed to make sure that budgets where never broken, yet everyone still got what they wanted. Plus, him doing this meant that he was able to move money around to where it was needed; there was a reason that the tourist industry had exploded in recent years. Between all the new parklands, wildlife preserves, and all of that, there was a massive influx of people in the ecotourism industry, and the slow, but needed, modernization of the village thanks to the open trade with Hana was helping significantly as well. They were quickly evening out the differences between the villages, while still maintaining what made them special and different, so that the upcoming merger of the countries would be smooth as possible. As far as the leadership was concerned, the countries where one giant family, and so far the civilians and nobility of both villages where on board with the plans. Everyone was benefiting, and the economies of both villages where booming. Good times. The red-head glanced up after a long pause, noticing his 'secretary', she was assigned to work with him yes, but he didn't like the concept of secretary, especially as she was a ranking Chunnin, and he felt it to be distasteful to reduce her to such. "Oh, Naname. What's up?" He reached up and ran his hand through his brilliant hair; he'd gotten some decent sun recently, and his hair was bleaching to an extremely bright hue that almost violated nature; the stronger his inner fires had become, the brighter his hair got; it was a weird effect, but he'd never bothered.

"There's a message from the front desk. There's a ninja from Amagakure here that wishes to see you. He asked for you by name, so I'm assuming it wasn't just a request to speak to a ranking commander."

"Delightful. Don't get too many Amagakure ninja without some kind of fanfare or announcement. Oh well. I'll be down in a few minutes, I'm nearly done here."

"I'll let them know." She waved versus bowing; he was very much a 'I don't give a fuck about protocol unless I have to, so relax' type of person, and he had a rather friendly relationship with his attendant; so they'd established a comfortable rapport. It worked, and they both liked it. The message was passed along, and maybe ten minutes later, he was done and moving down the stairs toward the ground floor. Appearing at the desk, he glanced around pretty instantly noticed the Amagakure ninja; he was too pale to be native of Hinowa or Hana, and definitely not from the deserts of Yokuchi, and his features where wrong for a man from the high tundra. He took a moment to tug his flak jacket down so that it was settled properly, bushed some dust from his long pants. His pouches and bags were hanging from his belt as usual; although only his medic kits and flame gloves where actually in them. Otherwise, they where empty enough; he wasn't planning on going anywhere today, so he was minimally equipped, but that was fine. He was a walking one many army, really; so he didn't need to worry about having a massive amount of gear. So long as he had his gloves, he was good; his arm was a weapon of mass destruction, and he walked around with it uncovered; or rather, it was uncovered to the sealing bandages that kept the power of the Nova chakra contained. He didn't wear long sleeves often, and everyone was used to the strangeness of his right arm by now. It had been nearly 5 years since he'd lost his 'real' arm and the Nova arm replaced it, after all.

"I'm going to guess you are the one that wishes to speak with me?" He was speaking to the seated male, finishing his question before shifting to stretch his arms high over his head with a solid crack and pop of shoulder joints. He'd need to stretch soon, he's spend many, many hours hunched over his desk, so standing felt great, but he was a bit stiff, and he didn't like to feel stiff. "How can I help you, sir?" He was high ranking, powerful, but still spoke like a kid in customer service sometimes; he would have been a merchant in another life, and it showed sometimes; he spoke like someone that spent a lot of time working with a lot of people, and that was very true; as well as someone that had a genuine knack for working with strangers. He was constantly working with dozens of people, ninja and otherwise; he needed to be able to handle working with people of all ranks, position, ethnicity, etc; and he was good at it.

WC: 941
Back to top Go down
Okami
Jounin (A-Rank)
Jounin (A-Rank)
Okami

PostSubject: Re: Blaze of Glory [Katon Training | Karukaya & Co + Invite]   Blaze of Glory [Katon Training | Karukaya & Co + Invite] I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 09, 2015 11:24 pm

0436#words
0800#chakra

#Jounin(A)

©2013 caliburn

The man before him was tall, that was for sure. He had bright red hair, and was built like a freaking tiger. All lean muscle, with zero fat. His apparel was standard for shinobi, with a flak jacket and long pants, pouches on the belt and a pair of gloves hanging right next to them. The only thing non-standard was the short sleeves, revealing an ANBU tattoo on his left arm and bandages covering the entirety of his right. The air around that arm seemed to spark lightly, but that could have just been Okami's imagination. Certainly, the bandages were interesting, but not so much that he would be rude staring at them. Looking back into the man's gray eyes as he spoke, Okami grinned and stood up, extending his hand for a handshake.

"My name is Okami, and, to be honest, I want you to train me in Katon. You're a legend, and it would be an honor to learn from you. I know this is kind of weird, and I'm sorry if it seems like I have no manners. I'm on a ton of Class-10 pain medication right now, for several injuries I sustained that probably should have killed me." It was true, too; Okami had been on multiple S and SS-Ranked missions in the past couple of weeks, and he had nearly died twice. Three times if you counted while he was under in the hospital, in fact. Of course, this would all be in his record, which he kept a copy of on his person. Pulling it out, he handed it to Karukaya with a smile, as it would be a courteous gesture for him to know who he was talking to. Unfortunately, there were parts of the file covered in black ink, but Okami was sure that just about any Jounin's file would be.

As it turned out, Okami would need to take his medication soon anyway, so he pulled out the small vial of white pills and popped two in his mouth. Swallowing them distastefully, he groaned as his chest lit up in agony. He had taken a Raiton-infused arrow less than two centimeters to the right of his heart, having only survived and finished the mission on a fluke he didn't feel comfortable talking about. As it stood, he needed more training, and that was why he was here. If he wasn't able to hold his own on another mission like that, he could die easily. It was a wonder that he hadn't already, in fact. He was a living anomaly, one with a few tricks up his sleeve.
technique log

N/A
Back to top Go down
Karukaya
Jounin (S-Rank)
Jounin (S-Rank)
Karukaya

PostSubject: Re: Blaze of Glory [Katon Training | Karukaya & Co + Invite]   Blaze of Glory [Katon Training | Karukaya & Co + Invite] I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 10, 2015 12:18 am

"My name is Okami, and, to be honest, I want you to train me in Katon. You're a legend, and it would be an honor to learn from you. I know this is kind of weird, and I'm sorry if it seems like I have no manners. I'm on a ton of Class-10 pain medication right now, for several injuries I sustained that probably should have killed me."

Right, this guy wanted him to train him. Delightful. He received at least a dozen requests for training sessions a week, and while he did honor several of them, for the most part he only trained with his family. It was rare for others, even other Jounin, to be able to handle his particular style of training, so when people that came to him and asked, he wanted to know as much as he could so he could gauge if they would be able to survive, let alone benefit at all. Well, this one handing over a copy of his files definitely helped, it would save hours of bureaucratic red tape as he didn't need to send a request to Amagakure for it. Not that he was likely to get it, after that incident a decade ago, the country was basically a black hole for information about it's people. A lot of pretty nasty shit had gotten out after their Jounin Commander defected and blew their admin building up so hard it basically disintegrated; generations of information on some pretty fucked up policies and rather atrocious levels of ethnic genocide... yep. Most of the world was pretty angry with them for quite a while, and that was only just starting to die down. Lots of heads rolled, but there where still some old guard in charge, and they had doubled down on the isolationism. It made getting anything about anyone from them a nightmare.

"Right, let's see what you have." He took the offered file and flipped it open; he'd long since learned to just ignore the blocks of black and focus entirely on what mattered. Hmmm... not the best he'd seen, but not that bad for his age. This guy was barely any younger than he was; but he also know that he was an outlier, most couldn't compete with his talent and hadn't been lucky enough to not have to worry about surviving. He'd trained hard, worked harder, and gotten rich at a young age. Combine that in with having owned his home outright, and the sheer ease of supporting a family of high ranked ninja when everyone pulled their weight easily; he'd been extremely lucky, and he knew it; hence why he even humored requests like this. He wanted to give back to a world that had given him so much; there was always another way he could help out. He managed his time well, so he had plenty of time for his jobs (all three of them, given he was a veterinarian, ninja, and father to four kids), and still managed to train himself, his family, and the few random people he took on. He refused to take a new student officially, his only student was and would continue to be Artemis; just like he was technically still Temaki's student (inappropriate student-teacher relationship for the win), and he had no plans to allow that to change. He looked at these extra sessions as one or two off things, he'd help for a day or two, or on just one area, then send them along to train on their own. Simple enough.

"Hmm... Well, I can see how you made rank, You're pretty average for most Jounin. I can also see why you'd want to train up, you're taking missions classified above your pay grade, as they say. It's a miracle you've made it through this intact." He was a master at reading files, and there was plenty in here that told him what he needed to know, classified or not. "You may want to try again when you're not half dead. I might be a medic, but I can't reverse death. That's outside of my skillset, honestly. What did you want to work on, Katon? Just Katon, or something specific about the element?"

WC: 740

740 + 941 = 1681
Back to top Go down
Okami
Jounin (A-Rank)
Jounin (A-Rank)
Okami

PostSubject: Re: Blaze of Glory [Katon Training | Karukaya & Co + Invite]   Blaze of Glory [Katon Training | Karukaya & Co + Invite] I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 10, 2015 10:56 am

0388#words
0800#chakra

#Jounin(A)
#WC1122

©2013 caliburn

"Hmm... Well, I can see how you made rank, You're pretty average for most Jounin. I can also see why you'd want to train up, you're taking missions classified above your pay grade, as they say. It's a miracle you've made it through this intact. You may want to try again when you're not half dead. I might be a medic, but I can't reverse death. That's outside of my skillset, honestly. What did you want to work on, Katon? Just Katon, or something specific about the element?" Karukaya said, a slight amount of amusement in his voice. He seemed to be humoring Okami thus far, and that was good. The younger shinobi had heard that officially, the man didn't want to take another student, so the fact that he was even willing to help Okami was phenomenal. Sighing at the half-dead part, though, was understandable, hopefully. Partially unzipping his flak jacket, he pulled down his shirt partially to show his well-muscled chest and the light pink scar that still adorned it, just 18 millimeters from his heart.

"Well, I think that half dead is better than completely dead, ne? This was a Raiton-infused arrow, from a man I thought was an ally. He was our mole, and the Missing-nin I was hunting found out and converted him wholeheartedly to their cause. As to what I wan to learn," He said, pulling his shirt back up and redoing the clasp on his flak jacket, "At this point I have the basics of Katon down, but I wish to learn the finer points. I'm not exactly new to it, as it's my affinity, but if you decide you want me to completely relearn how to use it, that's fine with me. I'm going to defer to you on this. If I can survive as long as I have and still complete my missions, then perhaps I'll be able to survive your training."

With that said, Okami smiled, a genuine smile with nothing to hide. Most people found this disarming, but the shinobi couldn't tell why. Was it because he still found reason to smile even though his specialty was assassinations and mass slaughter? It was really disconcerting to him that some people thought so poorly of shinobi in general. Hopefully, the man across from him understood his smile.
technique log

N/A
Back to top Go down
Karukaya
Jounin (S-Rank)
Jounin (S-Rank)
Karukaya

PostSubject: Re: Blaze of Glory [Katon Training | Karukaya & Co + Invite]   Blaze of Glory [Katon Training | Karukaya & Co + Invite] I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 12, 2015 6:10 pm

Oh, that looks nasty; he could see more than just the scar, his eyes where well trained in medical issues, and that was one hell of a place to get shot with an arrow period, let alone with a Raiton infused one. He tsked softly, shaking his head over how poorly the wound was treated. Raiton or no, any decent medic should have been able to heal that without leaving the man in so much pain. It was too late for him to attempt anything, nor even for Jayr to try; so he'd have to suffer for a while longer. Still, it was impressive that he was up and moving around; let along that he'd managed to travel this far.

"How about this." He closed the file and handed it back, glancing over his shoulder at the clock on the wall. He had... oh, a few hours to spare; that should be enough. "We can go out back to the Academy training ground, and you show me what your skills look like. Depending on what I see, I can tell you if I can train you. We may share an affinity for fire, but that alone isn't enough to make it possible for me to train you. My fire is very different from 'normal' fire, thanks to my Nova chakra; it causes changes to my base fire and lightning chakra, so it can be difficult for me to train someone in elemental control effectively. Show me what you have, and I'll see what I can do. Fair?"

WC: 261

261 + 1681 = 1942
Back to top Go down
Okami
Jounin (A-Rank)
Jounin (A-Rank)
Okami

PostSubject: Re: Blaze of Glory [Katon Training | Karukaya & Co + Invite]   Blaze of Glory [Katon Training | Karukaya & Co + Invite] I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 12, 2015 6:37 pm

0299#words
0775#chakra

#Jounin(A)

©2013 caliburn

"We can go out back to the Academy training ground, and you show me what your skills look like. Depending on what I see, I can tell you if I can train you. We may share an affinity for fire, but that alone isn't enough to make it possible for me to train you. My fire is very different from 'normal' fire, thanks to my Nova chakra; it causes changes to my base fire and lightning chakra, so it can be difficult for me to train someone in elemental control effectively. Show me what you have, and I'll see what I can do. Fair?" Karukaya said, his voice light and friendly. With a nod, Okami walked out back to where he had motioned. The training ground was fairly expansive, leaving plenty of room for some high-ranking jutsu. In fact...

Spinning on his heel, Okami would turn to a wall in the center of the field with a smile on his face. The sheer luck he was having today just kept getting better and better, given that the field was equipped to handle Katon users. The flow of chakra throughout his body would begin to center in his stomach as he formed the Horse Seal. Breathing in air, he blew out inferno, stating the jutsu confidently. "Katon: Goka Mekkyaku! (Fire Style: Great Fire Annihilation!)"

The raging inferno would envelop the entire wall and begin to bend around it before Okami cut off the chakra flow, letting the flames die down. The surface of the wall was scorched, but otherwise unharmed. Perfect, Okami thought, just as he had surmised. The wall was more than capable of withstanding the heat of his flames. Turning to Karukaya, he would smile and ask how he did with a hint of mischief in his voice.
technique log

Name: Katon: Goka Mekkyaku no Jutsu [Fire Release: Great Fire Annihilation]
Canon/Custom: Canon
Type: Offensive, Defensive
Element: Katon
Range: Short(0-5m), Medium(5-10m), Long(15m+)
Speciality: Ninjutsu
Duration: Up to two turns
Cooldown: Seven turns
Hand Seals: Horse
Description: The user forms the related hand seal and breathes out a massive torrent of fire, which forms into a large wall before the user and begins to march forward in-front of the user. These intense flames devour everything in their way, turning whatever and whoever they hit to ash. The user has to maintain the stream of fire to keep the wall going, which they can do for up to two turns. The first turn costs 20 chakra, and the second turn costs 15.

Back to top Go down
Mittens
Sergeant (C)
Sergeant (C)
Mittens

PostSubject: Re: Blaze of Glory [Katon Training | Karukaya & Co + Invite]   Blaze of Glory [Katon Training | Karukaya & Co + Invite] I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 12, 2015 6:50 pm

"Caannnnaaa. Put me down! I'm not a baby.", came the young child's voice. Mittens, or Mitsukai as was her birth name, was currently being carried by the back of her jacket through the village by a massive all white wolf roughly the size of a horse. The wolf belonged to her elder sister, Jayr, but Cana had sniffed her out the moment she had begun moving through the village in an attempt to find her sister, or any of her extended family. Cana, a bit pushy as always when it came to the ill child, had instantly scooped her up and began to carry her towards where she had last smelled Karukaya: the closest person that the child would know.

"Hush, child. You smell funny, and not in a good way. I'm carrying you.", Cana responded while attempting not to open her mouth too much and drop the child: thankfully human speech was easy enough by now for the wolf, so she was able to pull it off.

Mittens simply rolled her eyes and went to sigh only to find herself coughing. She brought up her right arm, tissue in it, and covered her mouth with it; feeling flecks of whatever it was she was coughing up - blood, definitely blood from the sudden glance at the tissue - to come flying into it. She hastily folded the tissue up and shoved it into her pocket; the last thing she wanted to do was worry anyone, though given the hightened sense of smell the majority of her family seemed to have she'd be scented out fast as could be.

It took Mittens a moment to notice that Cana wasn't taking her towards either of Karukaya's offices but instead towards what looked to be training grounds behind the Academy. "Where are we going silly? I don't want to go back to school.~", Mittens joked, the pale child in the white dress and dark blue jacket attempting to wiggle free once more to no avail.

Cana didn't respond; at least not until she had spotted Karukaya and waited until it was safe to approach; which she would do only to gently place the child down next to him and release her from his mouth. "Found this. It smells funny. Can I eat it?", Cana said, obviously joking, in english.
Back to top Go down
Karukaya
Jounin (S-Rank)
Jounin (S-Rank)
Karukaya

PostSubject: Re: Blaze of Glory [Katon Training | Karukaya & Co + Invite]   Blaze of Glory [Katon Training | Karukaya & Co + Invite] I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 12, 2015 7:58 pm

Once the younger male had agreed to his proposal, he lead them out of the building and around behind it; the Academy was situated in the same compound as all the administration buildings, as well as the main hospital and hidden ANBU barracks, so getting to the dedicated training grounds was a simple enough task. Anyone could have found them, there where helpful signs posted everywhere that alerted passerby as to what was in which direction, and there as always someone moving around that could point you where you needed to go. The nearest ground was perfect, as it was a dedicated fire training area, with large blast walls and plenty of fire protections installed; even if you couldn't see those. This was a village of fire and flame, the entire city was fitted with massive fire control measures, hidden in the walls and in the ground out of sight and out of mind. The mark of a good system was that it wasn't visible; only the warning sirens and such where above ground, as they needed to be in places that carried the alerts and warnings in case of earthquakes, volcanic activity, etc. The village did much to earn it's safety, and what they did worked well.

A demonstration was made before he even asked for it; a decent one, at that. Great Fire Annihilation, hmm? Really, not a bad way to attempt to impress someone; it was a high rated and difficult jutsu for most to use, and it made for a good show. He knew it well, while his preferred style was close quarters, he was extremely adept at ranged fire techniques after all these years; and that was one of the earliest he'd ever attempted for himself. Still, it wasn't a dazzling show, but he had to give credit where credit was due. To that point, he said so, offering his sincere opinion on the jutsu, "Not bad, really. Useful, and you show adequate proficiency in it. Still, as they say in civilian sciences; a single data point doesn't make for a good case study. It basically means, you can't use one example to prove an idea, or point. I'll need to run you through some basic exercises, to see what you are really capable of."

He lifted his left arm, showing it so that it was easily seen entirely. "Case in point, from the stories they tell of me, you would only believe that I am capable of close quarters fire-based combat..." His arm began to shimmer and seemingly warp, the power of the heat being release causing the air to overheat and creating heat illusions. Flames erupted and wrapped around the arm, trailing from his closed fist to just below the elbow in a glove which resembled a swirling helix pattern. His personal signature ability, the one he'd spent a quarter of his life developing and perfecting; Helix Flame Fist. "This jutsu is what made me famous, really; and for all of that it's power could be considered less than the jutsu you just used. However, you've heard what has been done with it; seen the reports. For me, and those I train; you do not learn to harness more power, but to control and perfect the power you already have." He released the jutsu, now raising his bandaged arm up as well. The palm of his left hand was placed against the back of his right, which was held vertically flat so that the palm faced the center of the giant wall, both arms stretched out before him, level with his chest. From beneath the bandages of his right, and the pores of his left, began leaking a strange, almost liquid appearing substance that was black as tar, yet clean in appearance, and sparkled with what appeared to be tiny pinpoints of light; similar to the night sky on a moonless night in the high mountains; where you could see all of space and creation around you. This substance, his Solar Nova Chakra, encased his hands before seeming to be pulled toward the center of the open palm before exploding outward; a beam of pure destructive energy firing in the direction he was aiming and releasing a sound that had absolutely no comparison in the natural world; as well as a flash of light that was painful to the eyes, like staring into the heart of the sun for too long, only it passed in an instant.

The center of the wall, the point he'd aimed to hit, was now very much gone; with the ring of metal around the missing part burned to molten slag, and small fires eating away at the inner wooden core of the structure.

"Given what you know of me, would you believe I had abilities like that?" Oh, it was showy, sure; but it was also a point to be made. He could have released a massive explosion around himself, blasted a few meters to kingdom come, but this was more efficient, more effective. He might burn away trees and grass, destroy some dirt; maybe cause moderate burns with a basic explosion; but the focusing of the chakra into a beam compressed the devastating power down until nothing could stop it. "This is the difference between control and power. Do you think you can handle learning that?"

He was about to begin speaking again, offer a few lessons and better explain what he'd done, when Cana appeared with something hanging from her mouth. Something distinctly family shaped. "Cana. Why is Mitsukai in your mouth?" Why was Mitsukai in the village at all? Jayr hadn't mentioned anything, and there was no alert of Jai coming to visit. Strange. "Okami, excuse me a moment. I need to attend to this. She is my sister, and she is rather sickly. I need to be sure she is alright." He even offered a respectful, apologetic bow to the Ama ninja before moving toward the pair. He was there in a flash, the distance between them was small enough, and once he was there he knelt down to Mitten's level and gently removed her from Cana's grasp. He pull the small one into a happy hug; he really did enjoy getting to visit with family, and he's always really liked Mittens. "What brings you here, Little One? Are you with your sister? Did your Father decide to come visit?"

Jutsu and Chakra:

WC: 1086

1086 + 1942 = 3028
Back to top Go down
Okami
Jounin (A-Rank)
Jounin (A-Rank)
Okami

PostSubject: Re: Blaze of Glory [Katon Training | Karukaya & Co + Invite]   Blaze of Glory [Katon Training | Karukaya & Co + Invite] I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 13, 2015 1:04 am

0321#words
0750#chakra

#Jounin(A)
#WC1742/4500

©2013 caliburn

Okami's eyes widened at the show of power. He himself knew that Change in Chakra Nature wasn't enough to generate much more than raw power, and that Chakra Control was behind a massive portion of jutsu. His Rasengan technique was proof of that. But to see it like this...Okami was awestruck. The very wall that had withstood his Great Fire annihilation now had a gaping hole through it courtesy f a Nova Style technique. Holding out his hand as way of explanation, he began to form a Rasengan in his palm. The ability was the pinnacle of Chakra Control and change in form. The small blue sphere spun into existence with a whirring noise as Okami spoke. "I can handle learning control, I think. I managed to figure this one out after all. It took a while, and a lot of studying, but I even managed to make my own Doujutsu, too. I can show you, if you like. I just perfected it recently-"

Letting the Rasengan die down, Okami was shocked to see a large white wolf carrying a small child appear. What's more is that the faint smell of blood tinted the air along with the girl's coughing. Karukaya excused himself for the moment, which Okami waved off with a worried smile. If this was family, he could abandon Okami completely, and Okami would understand every thought that went through his head. Okami's family might not have been welcoming to him, but that didn't mean that he had any delusions about how a family should operate. Karukaya was the older brother and a father, protecting and taking care of the younger siblings and his own children in equal measure, just as a good brother or father would. Okami had even more respect for the man now than he did when he sought him out. Waiting on the sidelines patiently, Okami would be genuinely worried for the young girl.
technique log

Name: Spiraling Sphere (Rasengan ~ 螺旋丸)
Canon/Custom: Canon
Type: Offensive
Element: /
Range: The user's palm
Specialty: Ninjutsu
Duration: -20 chakra per post
Cooldown: Duration + 2
Description: Spiraling Sphere creates a skull sized sphere of raw chakra in the user's hand. Performing this technique doesn't require any hand seals, it simply takes roughly six seconds of preparation, wherein the user concentrates a large amount of chakra into the centre of their hand, applying intense shape manipulation to contort it into a ball. This sphere can be maintained in the user's hand for up to two posts before dissipating. On impact, Spiraling Sphere can severe limbs [if it impacts with the appropriate joints] and cause severe physical trauma, shattering bones around the impact site as well as rending cleanly through up to six inches of flesh. While the Rasengan, unless impacting with the head or heart, cannot cause immediate death, it can cause severe internal trauma that can require immediate medical treatment.
Back to top Go down
Mittens
Sergeant (C)
Sergeant (C)
Mittens

PostSubject: Re: Blaze of Glory [Katon Training | Karukaya & Co + Invite]   Blaze of Glory [Katon Training | Karukaya & Co + Invite] I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 13, 2015 1:14 pm

Hugs? Oh, she liked hugs! She returned Karukaya's hug happily, smiling and beaming like any other happy child would. As she did so she got a glance over his shoulder to see another individual standing a bit aways and beyond him a flaming hole in the wall: she could only imagine the kind of power that had been used to create that. Power that was definitely out of her reach for now, and if she didn't get better soon, likely forever.

At Karukaya's questions however she refocused on him and shook her head no a bit. "No, dad's at home and Jayr doesn't know I was coming. I came to see if she could bump up the treatment a bit." She hadn't been due for another round of the treatment that kept her from spending long weeks in the hospital for another month or so, however given she was coughing up small bits of blood she figured it best to come now than to wait for a response from Jayr. Of course, she didn't say any of this outloud, which was why Cana decided to step in again on her behalf.

"I was carrying her around because she's sicker than usual. Mittens, show him what's in your pocket. You can't hide your sickness, they cannot treat you if they don't know what's wrong." Cana's voice was gentle, but guiding: clearly the wolf knew what she had hidden in her pocket, but wanted to give her the chance

Mittens found herslf looking suddenly guilty; she didn't like to worry her family and coughing up blood was not really new when it came to what was wrong with her. In fact, she normally ended up coughing a lot more than what she was. But, since Cana brought it up... Mittens reached into her jacket pocket and produced the tissue that had tiny flecks of blood on it. Feeling another coughing fit coming she brought it up to her mouth once more as she nearly doubled over from the force of the cough; several more flecks of blood littering the tissue.

Cana growled, obviously frustrated: she didn't like anyone sick, let alone children. "I'm going to go find Jayr; last I heard she was helping with a surgury in the hospital. She should be done by now.." Cana would wait if Karukaya said anything, and if not she would be off at a dash, off to find Jayr.

Mittens finished her coughing fit, staring in the direction that Cana had gone. "Oh bother... I don't like to be a bother." She then looked over towards Karu and the hole. "Are you and your friend blowing stuff up? I thought only TemTem and my sister did that.", she asked curiously; ignoring the fact that had anyone else called the Rakuenkage TemTem they likely would have been in a lot of hot water.

Word Count: 865
Back to top Go down
Karukaya
Jounin (S-Rank)
Jounin (S-Rank)
Karukaya

PostSubject: Re: Blaze of Glory [Katon Training | Karukaya & Co + Invite]   Blaze of Glory [Katon Training | Karukaya & Co + Invite] I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 13, 2015 6:09 pm

That would make sense, then. She'd wandered all the way here, sick as can be, with no one having any idea she was gone. Yep, she was definitely Jayr's sister. He shifted her slightly, freeing one of his hands and placing it flat across her chest. The hand would begin to glow a soft, pure green color as he began working his medical ninjutsu on her. It was nothing fancy, but it would help to repair some of the damage that was making her cough up blood, as well as make her feel a bit better. "You're never a bother, Little One. You are family, and family is all that matters in the end." He was using the Mystical Palm Technique here, one of the fe he had access to that really seemed to work with her. It wasn't enough to cure her, sadly; but it did buy them time, and made her day a bit brighter. No more coughing up blood, at least for a few hours, and she would be able to breath with much more ease.

After a a few moments, the glow faded and he was finished with what he was able to do; he was a trained medical ninja, this is true; but he was and had always been more of a hands on surgeon, as well as a veterinarian; he prefered the old ways, in this instance; he could do things most general medical ninja could not, and things that made specialists jealous, but not in terms of jutsu. His skill was in medicine, not in medical. There was a difference, abet a subtle one that few where able to see. "Well, as Cana will have Jayr here soon, we shall wait a bit. She can take you to my office, the fun one, you can pet the ferrets and feed the baby elephant I have boarded." He knew her well, she would be all over this idea, and anything that made her happy and kept her spirits high was good for her. More to the point, his office in the wildlife center was as good a place to be for her as the village hospital; he had all the same equipment and medication there, as well as access to far more. He didn't need to abuse his position to get funding for his 'pet' projects; as the other Jounin often put it; he funded his work himself, from his own pocket; it was how the village was able to have such amazing wildlife preserves and such without the village bankrolling it.

"Here, come meet my new friend, Mitsukai. He's from the Sky Village, Amagakure. He's come to train and learn. I was showing him some things, and I used my Nova chakra to blow up the wall. Maybe I can show you what I did later, yes?" He would give her time to introduce herself to the other male, if she wanted too; before continue to speak. "As i said, Okami; she is my sister, and she is regrettably rather ill much of the time. It was a rather large shock to see her here, she lives in Hanagakure with her father most of the time; and we'd received no word she was coming. It seems she decided to come visit without saying so. Cana is her sister's companion and partner, she went to fetch her. Jayr will likely be here to fetch her soon. I am sorry, but we will have to postpone our training for a later date. That you where able to figure out Rasengan on your own is... impressive, and it shows you have talent for control. You should be able to benefit from my training, at least enough to be worth both our whiles."

He would be too focused on Mittens for the foreseeable future to want to train himself; let alone someone that was basically as stranger. However, this ninja had piqued his interest, to some degree; he didn't have the usual attitude you got from most Ama ninja, or the ones he'd ever had the displeasure of meeting anyway; and he was willing to learn, so that was a major plus. Most Jounin tended to think they knew all that they needed to know; they had trouble accepting that anyone may be able to help them, unless it was some massively famous figure. He refused to think of himself as that; he knew he was well known, but that was a given to anyone that was as tied to a Kage, let alone the batshit insane Rakuenkage as he was. Add in his ties to the Commander General of Hanagakure, and you had a recipe for having your name thrown around. He'd rather not be well known, as he preferred to just do his job and live his life than be famous or something.

"We do have a few minutes, however. I have something to show Mitsukai, and you're welcome to watch. It might be helpful for you, an idea for a new technique or two you could work on; if you haven't see it yet." He had dozens of jutsu learned and trained, almost entirely of the fire nature, with a few lightning and his smattering of Nova interweaved within. Within that range of abilities were several very... unique, at least as far as hew knew, jutsu; strange and odd abilities that he'd never seen anyone else use. Flashy, and great for showing off, if you where into that sort of thing. He looked at it as a way to entertain the children; his kids loved them, and he knew Mittens well enough to know she would too. She loved to watch her family show off, and it gave her ideas for things she wanted to learn when she could; and gave them a list of things to teach her too. He moved a few feet to the north of where they stood, finding a set of wooden benches made from a type of wood that was found deep in the forests between Hinowa and Hana that was full of a special compound that made it impossible to burn; public furniture was always made from that wood in Hinowa, as the volcanic nature of the region meant that at any time, a vent could open up and spew ridiculously hot steam and ash, which was a massive fire hazard. These would be safe, and the shade from the nearby walls would keep her comfortable. "Sit here, dear. Watch closely." He patted her head affectionately, picking a stray leaf from the strands before backing away.

He moved several dozen meters away from both of them, closer to where the large wall with the molten slag core was; it was starting to cool and the fires had gone out, the metal was turning solid once more and that was going to be a pain in the paperwork later; but he really didn't care. Arms where lifted to his mouth, hands formed into a little tunnel that was open enough for something as large as a marble to pass through without issue. Inhaling deeply, he filled his lungs with fire chakra and exhaled hard; instead of a blast of flame or something of the sort, a massive number of what appeared to be fireflies expelled through his hands. The fireflies swarmed and moved around him as he released more, creating a circling effect of an insect swarm, without all the noise and such of a normal bug group. It was almost silent, and would be disconcerting if not for the beauty of it all. After long moments his breath was exhausted and he lowered his hands; but not to his side. They where lowered to be level with his chest, and a shudder seemed to move through the gestalt mass; it was like they where responding to his movements now, and that was exactly what was happening. He began to move his hands and arms in a fashion that had the mass moving and responding in kind, they danced and raced across the sky and ground, never moving within a dozen meters of either of his companions, for long moments, pushing several minutes really; it was a show, and he was letting Mittens enjoy it.

That was enough of that one. He lifted his arms up and over his head, bringing his palms together and causing the fireflies to move into a massive ball above the wall in the center of the field. It was like a cluster of bombs going off all at once; hundreds of individual flashes and booms as the little fireflies impacted with each other and exploded. They where literally little bombs, each capable of causing significant damage on their own; brought together as they were it was like watching Temaki or Jayr exploding things for the giggles. Hell, it made him giggle a bit; he was a nature pyromaniac obviously, all fire users where; or damn near all of them were anyway. He loved doing stuff like this, even more when he was showing off for family.

Now for the other one he had in mind. Instead of lifting his hands to his mouth, he merely lifted them up and seemed to double himself in a puff of smoke; shadow clones, or clone, rather; made in the singular for this one. The clone moved away from the original, putting roughly ten meters between them to allow for a decent show. From his 'real' hand, Karu began releasing chakra again; he would fully capable of releasing non-nova chakra from his nova arm, he just prefered not to risk the bandages to fire; they were made to be fireproof and incapable of burning, but that didn't stop him from being cautious, especially since they were in the middle of town and there was family well within the blast radius if his arm detonated. The chakra being released seemed to sparkle and burn, it was obvious fire chakra, but it was almost like he'd turned his fist into the head of a sparkler; that firework that you could hold in your hand without burning yourself. However, that was not exactly true; these sparkles would cause serious injury to anyone without the fire resistance and endurance to handle it; he'd burned the unholy fuck out of himself the first time he'd tried to learn this ability; although he didn't have the scars to show for it anymore, since, well, he didn't have that arm anymore. The sparkled glowed and flashed in multiple colors, like little rainbows trailing from his fist. He launched himself into a fairly straightforward, if flashy, charge; moving toward his clone at a speed that was at it's heart not all that fast for him; but it was visible to both of those watching without much issue. He threw a pretty wicked looking left hook at the clone, and the world seemed to just stop for an instant; the sparkles didn't detonate in an explosion, instead they seemed to fly toward the clone and 'stick' to it's flesh and clothing, where massive flames seemed to instantly appear. The sparkles where massively superheated and highly concentrated flames; each held the power to spark wildfires and burn through steel. Even a clone of Karukaya couldn't handle that kind of punishment, and the clone broke after only a few moments of being on fire; releasing with a boom and explosion of smoke that works to snuff out the flames by starving them of oxygen for just long enough to put them out.

He was done with that, now. moving back toward them as an easy trot, he moved to Mittens to check on her again. "What do you thing, Little One? Enjoy the show?"

Jutsu and Chakra:

WC: 1984

1984 + 3028 = 5015

5015/6000 S-SS Katon (Secondary Element)
Back to top Go down
Okami
Jounin (A-Rank)
Jounin (A-Rank)
Okami

PostSubject: Re: Blaze of Glory [Katon Training | Karukaya & Co + Invite]   Blaze of Glory [Katon Training | Karukaya & Co + Invite] I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 14, 2015 2:23 pm

0962#words
0700#chakra

#Jounin(A)

©2013 caliburn

"Here, come meet my new friend, Mitsukai. He's from the Sky Village, Amagakure. He's come to train and learn. I was showing him some things, and I used my Nova chakra to blow up the wall. Maybe I can show you what I did later, yes?" Karukaya spoke, allowing Okami to greet the newcomer. She was small, most likely around 8 to 10 years old, with white hair and a frail look about her. Golden eyes peeked out from between the silvery locks as she greeted him. Karu allowed a moment more, then began to speak again. "As I said, Okami; she is my sister, and she is regrettably rather ill much of the time. It was a rather large shock to see her here, she lives in Hanagakure with her father most of the time; and we'd received no word she was coming. It seems she decided to come visit without saying so. Cana is her sister's companion and partner, she went to fetch her. Jayr will likely be here to fetch her soon. I am sorry, but we will have to postpone our training for a later date. That you where able to figure out Rasengan on your own is... impressive, and it shows you have talent for control. You should be able to benefit from my training, at least enough to be worth both our whiles. We do have a few minutes, however. I have something to show Mitsukai, and you're welcome to watch. It might be helpful for you, an idea for a new technique or two you could work on; if you haven't see it yet."

It was relieving to hear that Karukaya was willing to train him. It would seem that Okami's demeanor and general good nature was rubbing off on him as he showed off one of the more visual techniques of the Fire Attribute, the Exploding Fireworks technique. The performance was stunningly beautiful as firefly-like sparks swirled around the man before he raised them into a large ball, exploding them in turn. The trick with the Shadow Clone was interesting too, with the man turning his own arm into a sparkler with enough power to melt steel and setting his clone on fire. After the man walked back over, Okami would laugh and clap along with Mitsukai, having thoroughly enjoyed the show.

"Well, Karukaya-dono, that was certainly spectacular! There's not many Katon users where I come from, so I don't get to see things like that very often. Actually, that's why I came out here all this way. I heard a rumor along the grapevine about your skill, and I was headed out as soon as I could. Take all the time you need to take care of young Mitsukai here. I don't mind!" Okami would say, his love for both the performance and the fact that Karukaya put his family first evident in his voice. His own family was an extremely powerful clan of Ninjutsu users that had been around since before the Village system was even founded, becoming upper class once the system settled in. Okami was the last member of the main branch, and was therefore the Head of the Clan, but he often shirked his duties to do his work as a shinobi. Normally, this wouldn't be an issue, except for the fact that his clan hated his guts, as his own mother had died in childbirth due to Okami's chakra being too large at the time. His aunt had raised him for most of his life, eventually sending him off to learn Kenjutsu at various schools so that the Clan Elders would shut their mouths about some sort of prophecy that he would ruin the clan. After he had come home, he learned that his aunt had passed away, leaving him the Head of the Clan at only 12. Too much pressure, if you asked him.

Suddenly getting an idea, Okami remembered Karukaya mentioning something about Mitsukai liking animals. So, a giant wolf wasn't off the table, was it? Motioning for the two others to watch, Okami stepped out into the middle of the field. Forming the Tiger hand seal, Okami would close his eyes and exhale. Black chakra would pour out around him into a chakra cloak as his left eye, the discolored one, began to bleed. Opening his eyes, he would shout confidently. "Fundo Fenrir no Shishen!"

As he spoke, the chakra cloak would expand and mold itself into a massive wolf. It would be easily 10 meters tall and 25 meters long, tail lashing and teeth grinding as it howled into the sky. Okami would be solidly placed within the center, right between the shoulder blades. Reaching out, he would place one gargantuan paw on the wall before pushing down, launching himself into the air while leaving claw marks in the fire-proof construct. Doing a backflip in midair, he would then land as gently as he could, still causing a light rumbling in the earth as all four paws hit the dirt. He controlled the massive beast through his left eye, which still continued to bleed as he showed off for Karukaya and the little angel sitting next to him. Letting the wolf die down to a low burning chakra cloak, he didn't quite deactivate it yet. After all, once he did he would go blind temporarily. Walking over to the small bench beneath the tree, he smiled and began to speak once again. "What did you think, Mitsukai, Karukaya? I just created the jutsu recently, and haven't had much time to practice it. It obviously takes a large amount of space to do properly. The hard part comes after I let it go, though. I'm gonna go blind for a bit in my left eye, but it was definitely worth it."
technique log

Name: Fundo Fenrir no Shisen (Wrathful Fenrir's Gaze)
Canon/Custom: Custom
Type: Doujutsu || Offensive || Defensive
Element: N/A
Range: Self
Specialty: Ninjutsu
Duration: -50 chakra per post
Cooldown: Duration + 8
Description: By using this jutsu, Okami channels chakra through his left eye, causing black chakra to surge around him to form a massive wolf with him in the center of the head. This wolf is ten meters tall and twenty five meters long. It's Strength, Speed, and Endurace are equal to Okami's + 1. Okami uses his left eye to control the beast, with control lasting for as long as he has chakra and the will to continue. The chakra forms a shell around Okami, enduring all jutsu below B-Rank, 5 A-Rank, or one S-Rank jutsu before shattering. One single SS-Ranked jutsu will break it instantly. When the jutsu is broken or has been canceled, Okami will temporarily go blind in his left eye for a length of posts equal to the cooldown period. The entire time the jutsu is active, Okami will bleed out of his eye, and the blood will only stop when the jutsu is canceled or has been broken. This is purely cosmetic, and symbolizes the blindness that follows using this technique.
Back to top Go down
Mittens
Sergeant (C)
Sergeant (C)
Mittens

PostSubject: Re: Blaze of Glory [Katon Training | Karukaya & Co + Invite]   Blaze of Glory [Katon Training | Karukaya & Co + Invite] I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 14, 2015 3:57 pm

"You're never a bother, Little One. You are family, and family is all that matters in the end." were the words spoken as Karukaya used the Mystical Palm Technique on her chest. Mitsukai watched quietly for a moment as it fascinated her to not only see the technique in use but to also feel the difference it was making in her chest. What had started out feeling raw, torn to shreds, and burning, became a cool sensation devoid of any sort of pain. It no longer was a drag to draw in air, and in fact Mitsukai found herself taking several deep breaths; ones that resulted in coughing only as she brought up the remaining blood and phlegm that had been lingering in her lungs, all of which was deposited into the tissue in her hand. Her next deep breath following this caused a smile to break out across her face of genuine happiness: must better, so much better. Oh, it wouldn't last more than a few hours due to her sickness which she knew easily enough, but it was a reprieve for now and she would certainly enjoy it. "Thank you, Karu.", she would say as she finished taking another happy deep breath.

At Karukaya's next words she was giggling happily and even clapping her hands: she hated the hospital with a passion, but Karukaya's office was a different story entirely. He had all of the equipment needed to take care of her and then some, as well as adorable and interesting animals around she could look at and even pet. Plus, the environment itself was more happy and less depressing: there was nothing worse than having to lay still in a bed while being given a treatment to save her life, knowing that her fate could one day be similar to those dying around her. No, no, and no. She would stick with the animals any day! ck with the animals any day!

Mitsukai would then once again turn her attention on the male whom she didn't know. Hearing that he was from Amagakure caused her lips to form a small 'o' shape out of amazement. "I've never met someone from Amagakure before. Hi, I'm Mitsukai." She didn't bother with her last name, though she was more than proud to have it, it was just something that had been ingrained in her since she was a very young child: you didn't give complete strangers all of your information because it could be used against you, especially when your father and siblings were in high positions of power.

Mittens would then fall silent as she listened to Karukaya and Okami speak, gathering from the conversation that Okami had come to train under Karukaya, something that would have to be postponed due to Mitsukai's sudden and unexpected appearance.  

When she heard that Karukaya had something to show her since they had a few minutes she clapped her hands happily. Once Mitsukai was happily positioned on the bench, underneath of the shade so that there was no risk of the sun bothering her or her getting too warm, she shifted her attention fully on Karukaya – giggling when the leaf was removed from her hair. She watched him with rapt attention while feeling highly curious as to what it was he was going to show her. What she saw was absolutely beautiful; the swarm of fireflies that Karu created causing a small "Ooooo.", of a sound to escape the young child as she kept watching. When the group of fireflies began to impact each other and explode a burst of giggles escaped her which had her clapping her hands excitedly.  

She then watched as next Karukaya created a single clone of himself. She watched then as Karu created what resembled a sparkler with his hand before rushing at his clone. The punch that he threw caused the sparkles to stick to the clone. Following this, after the clone caught fire, it poofed with its own boom and explosion of smoke. She then watched as Karu came over, rejoining her once again. At his question she nodded her head several times. "Yes, yes! The first one was very pretty! The second one was awesome, too!" Mittens didn't have access to Katon chakra, but it definitely wouldn't stop the ideas from flowing through her mind of something similar that she might be able to create on her own: she might have been sickly since birth but she had never allowed that to stop her before and she wasn't going to now.

She then shifted her golden colored gaze to Okami as he went to show off a bit too. Mitsukai paid attention to him with the same rapt attention she had shown Karukaya as Okami created a wolf that he seemed to reside inside of. She clapped happily again and giggled once more, clearly amused. "I liked that too!" Oh yes, the happy child was definitely happy now.

Word Count: 855 + 865 = 1,720
Back to top Go down
Jayr
Lt Colonel
Jayr

PostSubject: Re: Blaze of Glory [Katon Training | Karukaya & Co + Invite]   Blaze of Glory [Katon Training | Karukaya & Co + Invite] I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 14, 2015 4:10 pm

"….." Jayr had almost killed the nurse who tried to stop her as she rushed out the hospital: the woman had been bitching about unfinished paperwork dealing with the successful surgery she had just completed: none of which Jayr had spared a thought for after Cana had come rushing in to inform her that her sister had made the journey from Hanagakure to Hinowa, seemingly alone, and was coughing up blood. The only saving grace was knowing that her sister wasn't laying around somewhere alone, but was in fact with her husband in the Academy training field where Cana had left the child. "Get the fuck out of my way before I remove you, it's the only warning you'll get.", was what Jayr had decided in sticking with instead of actually putting her hands on the nurse. The threat, as well as a ton of vicious sounding growling from both herself and Cana, were more than enough to get the nurse side stepping hastily enough nad clutching the clip board to her chest as if it would somehow protect her from the wolf-like female.

Jayr stormed out of the hospital, medical bag in hand: a rather interesting sight to see considering how pissed off the medic looked. Add in the way that Jayr was dressed: a white tunic styled top that went down half way down her thighs with a purple sash around her waist, a pair of white leggings that tucked pristinely into a pair of black boots, as well as a white duster jacket over top: and her rage didn't match her natural beaty.

Once she had cleared the hospital doors she took off at a dead run, purple hair whipping around behind her as her wolf-like ears whose fur matched her hair searched for any sign of distress coming from the training grounds. All she could pick up on, though, was what sounded like training – or likely showing off considering the insane amount of giggling she was hearing. Jayr was upon the area quickly enough, coming skidding to a complete stop right next to Karu; her gold eyes locked onto her sister who seemed a bit healthier compared to the report Cana had given her. A sniff of the air was all it took to relay to her mind fire based chakra as well as the sweet hint of healing chakra: it meant Karu must've healed her up a bit before him and... a stranger?... had been showing off?

Cana, quite content with how Mittens now looked, simply went over to her, sat down next to her, and placed her large all white head on her lap as she clearly searched for affection. Jayr snorted at her wolf and shook her hely went over to her, sat down next to her, and placed her head on her lap in an obvious search for petting and affection. "Oi, you and I are going to have a very important conversation later on, Mittens." The use of her sister's nickname obviously enough to indicate she wasn't so much angry as she was relieved to see that she was alright – though that important conversation was going to happen sooner rather than later. However, there were a few questions to ask first, "New person is...?", she was asking her husband, while her attention remained on Okami.
Back to top Go down
Karukaya
Jounin (S-Rank)
Jounin (S-Rank)
Karukaya

PostSubject: Re: Blaze of Glory [Katon Training | Karukaya & Co + Invite]   Blaze of Glory [Katon Training | Karukaya & Co + Invite] I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 16, 2015 5:54 pm

Oh, and there as Jayr. He remained perfectly calm, even with the massive rageragerage vibes coming off his wife. He knew there was little to fear; even with the Ama nin showing off in response to his display, he felt no reason to worry. So far, the foreigner had been perfectly peaceable, and had a significantly better attitude than most ranking member of the Amagakure military that he'd met over the years. As of that moment, there was no real reason to trust him, but Okami hadn't given him any reasons to be worried, beyond the usual worry he felt for family around strangers. Raising his arms above his head in a long, easy stretch once more; "He is a jounin from Amagakure. Name is Okami, wants to train with me. We've been showing off and such, mostly. Little One was enjoying my fireworks."

Simple, to the point. Nothing more was really needed; beyond him moving over to her and slipping his arms around her form, pulling her close and raising his body temperature a few degrees in a way that to them would be soothing and affectionate; it was definitely more public friendly than anything else they would have done; that was for sure. "He's clean in the books, that's the only reason we're still standing here." That, and he had a significant advantage over the other ninja, he had the eyes and training to get a good idea of the power of other ninja without needing to test them outright; the man's description of himself as needing training was accurate; but that was so for Karukaya as well; and with his perceptive abilities and such he could see that he was in much better shape overall. It's not like he couldn't have Coen Dragoon leaping across the village to come help, or half a dozen dogs, or Fa Mulan, if she wasn't busy with Art; coming to help in less than a minute if shit went south.

"I've cleared up the light pneumonia Mitten's had. She should be pretty stable for the next few days. We can figure out how she got here by herself later, Love."

WC: 370

370 + 5015 = 5385 / 6000 S-SS Katon (Secondary)
Back to top Go down
Okami
Jounin (A-Rank)
Jounin (A-Rank)
Okami

PostSubject: Re: Blaze of Glory [Katon Training | Karukaya & Co + Invite]   Blaze of Glory [Katon Training | Karukaya & Co + Invite] I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 16, 2015 6:49 pm

0448#words
0700#chakra

#Jounin(A)

©2013 caliburn

Okami let up on the chakra cloak as Karukaya spoke. He felt he would be less threatening to the wolf-like Jayr if he let up, even though his vision sparked and sputtered out. Blinking his left eye several times, he felt the bleeding stop. Everything was black, and he knew it would be so for around an hour. The rage vibes coming off the lady before him, however, would probably last until someone was dead. Bowing in the most polite manner possible, he decided that it would be best to try to waylay any hard feelings before they developed. He had much experience with this, given his noble upbringing.

"Hello! My name is Okami, and I'm an A-Rank Jounin from Amagakure. I came here to study Katon with your husband, as he is one of the greatest shinobi of our era. We were busy assessing my abilities and whether or not Karukaya's training would be applicable when little Mitsukai wandered along with your wolf. I'm afraid I don't know the first thing about medical practices other than basic first aid, so I honestly can't be of any help with treatment unless you need things gathered. I would love to be of help any way I can, however. If there's anything you need, just ask!"

Saying that, Okami would stand straight up again, his lopsided smile turning into a grimace as he clutched his chest. Pulling out his vial of pain medication, he popped two in his mouth and swallowed hard. It would appear that using Fire-based chakra burned the pills out of his system faster, and the scant half an hour they'd been there had been enough time for the medicine to wear off. His doctors had warned him of such a thing happening, and it was excruciatingly painful to say the least.

Breathing low and heavy as the pain meds kicked in, he offered a weak smile to the couple and to Mitsukai. Pulling his flak jacket open and his shirt down, he would once again reveal his well muscled chest with the ugly pink scar running across the center, not two centimeters from his heart. "I was betrayed by an informant not two weeks ago, and he shot me with a Raiton-infused arrow. It hurts, but I'll live. I probably won't even keep the scar. Doctors weren't sure of it, considering not a couple of weeks before that I broke 3 ribs and crushed half my organs, but it turns out I'm hard to kill!"

Laughing and coughing in equal measure, he quickly redid the clasps of his flak jacket. Today turned out to be interesting already, and he wondered how more so it would become.
technique log

N/A
Back to top Go down
Mittens
Sergeant (C)
Sergeant (C)
Mittens

PostSubject: Re: Blaze of Glory [Katon Training | Karukaya & Co + Invite]   Blaze of Glory [Katon Training | Karukaya & Co + Invite] I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 16, 2015 7:45 pm

Mitsukai's attention shifted from Karukaya and Okami and on to her sister Jayr as she came skidding to a stop right next to her husband. Jayr looked at her and even before she said anything Mitsukai knew that her sister wasn't quite as angry as she was concerned; sure enough this assumption was solidified when she heard Jayr speak, being called by her nickname of Mittens instead of her actual name like her sister would have had she truly been angry with her. Still, her sister's words were enough to have her squirming a bit and feeling guilty. Mitsukai knew she shouldn't have made the journey alone, but given at the time what had been happening she hadn't wanted to wait until Jayr got the message and came to get her, or sent someone else to bring her to Hinowa.

However, Jayr's attention wasn't stuck on her for long before she inquired about Okami. Mittens kept quiet as Karu explained that the stranger was a Jounin from Amagakure named Okami who had come to Hinowa to inquire about being trained by Karu. She then listened as Karu explained that he had cleared up the bit of penomonia that Mittens had, and that she would be pretty stable for the next few days. This caused Mitsukai to nod her head several times in agreement and smile. "Karu fixed me, JayJay! I feel much better now."

Once she confirmed what Karu had said she shifted her attention to Cana, noticing that the wolf had placed her head on her lap in a clear attempt to get attention. Giggling softly she would reach down and scratch at Cana's head and around her ears just like she liked. "Silly Cana.", she muttered softly, keeping her attention focused on the wolf to give the adults a chance to talk - Mitsukai tended to forget from time to time that her rank technically made her an adult, even though she was ten years old.

WC: 335 + 1,720 = 2,055
Back to top Go down
Jayr
Lt Colonel
Jayr

PostSubject: Re: Blaze of Glory [Katon Training | Karukaya & Co + Invite]   Blaze of Glory [Katon Training | Karukaya & Co + Invite] I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 16, 2015 8:17 pm

"....." In silence Jayr listened as her husband explained who exactly Okami was. The fact that an Amagakure nin was in Hinowa searching for training wasn't exactly odd; they all tended to have their reputations given their connections with both the Rakuenkage and the Commander General. People talked, whispers went around, and rumors of their abilities and exploits spread. The mixture of the information - since she trusted Karu with her life and the life of her sister - as well as Karukaya's arms around her form and the added relaxing heat were enough to have her calming down significantly. There was no need to rip the visitors head off, after all, nor give a bad impression if his intentions were true and honest: and knowing Karu had they not been the man would have been turned to ash by now.

"Alright. I'm definitely curious to hear that one...", she said in response to Karu mentioning they could figure out later how exactly Mittens had made it on her own to the village. Jayr's golden colored gaze shifted over towards her sister, eyeing her curiously as she petted on Cana and scratched her around the ears in a way that had the wolf's leg twitching and her tail thumping hard against the ground.

It was then that she shifted her attention onto the newcomer. "My apologies if I came off a bit... aggresive. I'm very protective over my family, especially when I hear that one of them is very ill." It was about as nice as she could put it really; the fact that she hadn't outright attacked him upon arriving on the scene was yet another thank-you, though an unspoken one. Jayr had gotten a good bit of control over her feral urges; turning partially into a wolf had definitely changed her demeanor, but thankfully Karu's presence was enough to keep her calm and stable the majority of the time, so she hadn't decided to attack first and ask questions later.

It was then that she got a look at the man's wound; eyebrows raising a bit in curiosity. He was lucky, that much was evident. The fact that he was here for training spoke wonders on the kind of drive and initiative he had too. "All of that and you still come to get training off of Karu? That takes balls." A simple statement, but a true one.
Back to top Go down
Karukaya
Jounin (S-Rank)
Jounin (S-Rank)
Karukaya

PostSubject: Re: Blaze of Glory [Katon Training | Karukaya & Co + Invite]   Blaze of Glory [Katon Training | Karukaya & Co + Invite] I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 18, 2015 2:46 am

"Agreed. You have to give credit for that; do even be on your feet by now is rather impressive; let alone to believe you could keep up with someone in prime condition. It is one of the reasons I was willing to humor him, if nothing else. For the moment, we will have to postpone any sort of actual training, at least with me supervising. However, so long as nothing going wrong, I should have time in a day or two to at least start a lesson one on one. I would need to make sure that Little One is properly settled; and her father knows that she is safe. We do not need to have him racing over, he may just nuke part of the village, just because he can. Which, would set Temaki off, and that would cause a few volcanic eruptions. Ah, the wonders of living in an active caldera."

Actually... no that he was thinking about it, even for a moment; he realized he had training scrolls on him, he was going to give them to Artemis for her own training, but it wasn't like he didn't have copies. Multiples. Paper plus fire equaled a massive monthly bill for replacing paper scrolls and books. Reaching into his hip pouch, he fished the correct item out and held it up, so that Okami could see it. He then tossed it over, an easy underhand chuck that was slow and would be nearly impossible to fumble. "Read over that, we'll discuss it when I can work with you properly. It's theorems on control and the nature of fire; how to work with fire that is hyper condensed and such. If you've worked with highly powerful fire enough, you'll have noticed how it becomes almost liquid, and the normal movements and such needed to direct and control it no longer work. That's what your first lesson will focus on. I would also suggest that you find the water training grounds, observing the movements of the water chakra users can be extremely beneficial, and it's always a good place to work on your base fire power. In my younger years, I would drop myself in the icy water and focus my fires until I overcame them; it was one of the ways I pushed my flames to the level they are at. It's not much of a secret, either; but extremely uncomfortable, so not many ever try to do it. There is also low oxygen training; that is supremely beneficial for learning fine control. Once you can create a flame that will not die, even in extreme low oxygen environments; and do it without killing yourself in the process, you've reached heights of power and control few ever dream of. I gained more offensive power through that line of training than I had in years."

His attention returned to his wife and young sister, he was working over his supplies and such back at his other, preferred, office. There should be enough there to get a much better idea of what was going on with her. "Come, let's show Mittens the animals in the office. If the elephant is still there, I will see if the old girl will let her ride." He released Jayr and moved away a bit, enough to where he was able to lift of Mitten's and place her on his shoulders. He wasn't worried at all about her being that high, nor did he have any reason to be. He could easily support her, and he was fast enough to catch her if she started to fall. If not him, Jayr could. He also knew it would make Mittens extremely happy to be that high up, and he could run just fast enough to give her the sensation of flying, without risking her safety. "Coen and Roku will be stopping by later as well, Coen can take her around the large enclosure, if she asks nicely."

WC: 674

674 + 5385 = 6059

6000 / 6000 S-SS Katon (Secondary)

59 remaining.

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Blaze of Glory [Katon Training | Karukaya & Co + Invite]   Blaze of Glory [Katon Training | Karukaya & Co + Invite] I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Blaze of Glory [Katon Training | Karukaya & Co + Invite]
Page 1 of 1