Naruto RPG: Ballad of the Ninja
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Ice Cream and Books? Sounds Like a Day. [Private. Sephora only.]

Go down 
2 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Kin
Kouyakage
Kouyakage
Kin

Ice Cream and Books? Sounds Like a Day. [Private. Sephora only.] Empty
PostSubject: Ice Cream and Books? Sounds Like a Day. [Private. Sephora only.]   Ice Cream and Books? Sounds Like a Day. [Private. Sephora only.] I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 02, 2015 10:43 pm

Ah yes, a day off before the long trek into the desert was needed, definitely. It was almost a tradition at this point, everyone involved in the raids where given a day off to relax and gather supplies, if possible, and as he was the type to have been readied for days by this point, it meant that he and Sephora had an entire day to do literally anything they wanted to. Given it was about time to replace the ice cream supplies, and they were in need of new books and such; a run to the market was in order, eventually. At the moment however, the skies were dark and still smattered with stars, even if the far horizon beyond the city walls was beginning to lighten, bringing about the pre-dawn twilight; so it was not the time to be moving around. Oh, they where both rather nocturnal, it was in their nature, and they where fine with that; but bed was a very, very wonderful thing when they had the time to enjoy it, and they did. For once, they'd both gone to bed at a 'decent' hour, but as he barely slept even when he had the chance, he was wide awake now, hours before they could do much of anything really; and just laying in bed with a light novel (it was only twenty-five thousand pages, after all), which he could read easily using the gentle light of a small candle on the table beside the bed. They often had candles burning in the bedroom after all; they both had extremely sensitive noses, so having something to help block the smells from outside was needed, and it was rather fun to create new candles in their shared craft space.

Massive bed or not, they tended to sleep very close together, if not outside wrapped around each other, but he'd been able to worm about a bit so that she was merely sleeping with her head on his chest and pressed against his side, which left him the free hand he needed to change the page without bothering her too much, so it worked out for both of them. Knowing her, she would be waking up fairly soon as well, although he had no intention of getting up once she had, not right away. They had time, they deserved a break. They could be adults later, for now; it was just time to rest for a while.

WC: 415

Last edited by Kin on Wed Dec 16, 2015 6:37 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Sephora
Jounin (S-Rank)
Jounin (S-Rank)
Sephora

PostSubject: Re: Ice Cream and Books? Sounds Like a Day. [Private. Sephora only.]   Ice Cream and Books? Sounds Like a Day. [Private. Sephora only.] I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 02, 2015 10:58 pm

A time to relax her mind: it was something that was definitely needed the day before a raid. Given her position as head medic during them it meant she tended to the worst of the worst, and saw what truly horrible things mankind could do to one another. It was troubling for the female given all that she had gone through; a reminder of her past each and every time she had to look upon those who had been harmed and held captive. Yet, she wouldn't change it for the world. She was helping people, using her skills for good, and she loved every moment of it no matter how taxing it was on her nerves and her mind.

For now, though, she didn't have to worry about that. Her and Kin had gone to bed at a rather normal time; not normal for them but normal for everyone else. Sephora had slept completely through the night; so long as Kin was nearby the monsters within her mind were kept at bay that lived within her mind - she had gotten over them for the most part, but each time a raid neared they tended to pop back up. She had slept so deeply that she hadn't even noticed Kin reading; at least not until she began to wake up.

It wasn't the pages flipping that indicated to her what Kin was doing as she laid there with her eyes closed but rather the smell of the book itself: it was a scent she loved, and closer than normal which meant it was in his hand instead of on the nightstand like several others were. Sephora shifted a bit with a happy sounding sigh before slowly opening her eyes; eye lids fluttering as they adjusted to the light from the candle. "Good morning, dear. Is that any good?", she asked in a soft whisper. She didn't recognize the book off hand which meant she likely hadn't read it yet; rare, but not unheard of for her.

As Sephora waited for an answer she stretched a bit only to curl right back up against him: she was all for staying in bed for quite a while longer.
Back to top Go down
Kin
Kouyakage
Kouyakage
Kin

PostSubject: Re: Ice Cream and Books? Sounds Like a Day. [Private. Sephora only.]   Ice Cream and Books? Sounds Like a Day. [Private. Sephora only.] I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 02, 2015 11:06 pm

"It is by an ancient master of glass creation techniques. I thought to see if it might have anything I can use for my art. It is rather informative so far." He flipped the next page, shifting his arm so that she could stretch and move as she wanted, before resettling himself once she was settled. He pulled her tighter against him, his way of hugging her without moving from the comfortable positions they'd found, "It was either this, or I pick up a folder of work, and I would rather not. Well, preference for not, and I have yet to break our 'no work in the bedroom' rule, nor do I wish to. I would rather read something that expands my horizons, anyway."

He leaned the book down so that it was rest against her body so that he could shift down slightly and nuzzle into her hair, placing a kiss on the strands and just inhaling her scent for a while. It was soothing, calming, not that he needed to be calmed, but he just enjoyed it. "What shall we do today, my dear? Once we decide to get up, anyway. Shall we visit the market? Create new art? Be lazy, and stay in bed all day? Anything you desire."

WC: 213

213+414 = 627

Last edited by Kin on Wed Dec 16, 2015 6:38 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Sephora
Jounin (S-Rank)
Jounin (S-Rank)
Sephora

PostSubject: Re: Ice Cream and Books? Sounds Like a Day. [Private. Sephora only.]   Ice Cream and Books? Sounds Like a Day. [Private. Sephora only.] I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 02, 2015 11:17 pm

Sephora enjoyed the makeshift hug, causing a smile to form on her face. She allowed her eyes to close once more as she listened to Kin explain about the book; it did sound far more appealing then doing work in the bedroom - it was something she hadn't done yet either, and had no intentions of. Their room was the one place the rest of the world couldn't disturb them in, and she preferred to keep it that way.

She felt Kin shift a bit, nuzzle her, and then could hear him breathing in her scent. She simply relaxed more and shifted herself so that she was even closer to him then before; the arm she wasn't laying on resting on his chest while she bent her leg at the knee and rested it over his: close and comfortable. As she laid there she pondered Kin's question. The day gave them a bunch of possibilities yet the idea of staying in bed all day and doing nothing was very tempting. "Hmm... it's tempting to stay in bed all day, it really is."

She then laughed softly. "But, maybe we should do something creative today; art perhaps?"
Back to top Go down
Kin
Kouyakage
Kouyakage
Kin

PostSubject: Re: Ice Cream and Books? Sounds Like a Day. [Private. Sephora only.]   Ice Cream and Books? Sounds Like a Day. [Private. Sephora only.] I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 02, 2015 11:22 pm

"I would be fine with anything, really. We could easily to both; stay in bed and make our own art. It's not as though I can't create soft, cool glass right now. Then again, I have my own ideas on what constitutes art, and that is something only you can I can do together." He was being coy in his own way; he was only like this with her, open and intimate and just... Kin. To others he was this almost mythical figure; a rich merchant with so much control over the village that it was a little scary, and while he rarely exercised that control, that he had it was enough to make people wary of him. He didn't care either way; he let his actions speak, and his actions had been good; or so he hoped. If he could leave a positive legacy, then he would meet eternity with a smile; but that was metaphysical existentialism, and he didn't feel like humoring that mental path at the moment.

"We could start the forges later, or make some new candles. We will eventually need to make a market run, you're nearly out of ice cream, and I need some fruits to dry for more iron bread. I've almost exhausted the stores again."

WC: 219

219 + 627 = 846

Last edited by Kin on Wed Dec 16, 2015 6:39 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Sephora
Jounin (S-Rank)
Jounin (S-Rank)
Sephora

PostSubject: Re: Ice Cream and Books? Sounds Like a Day. [Private. Sephora only.]   Ice Cream and Books? Sounds Like a Day. [Private. Sephora only.] I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 02, 2015 11:34 pm

Making art while in bed? Oh, that sounded perfectly fine to her. Her two favorite things mixed into one? Yes, please. Especially as Kin spoke of having his own ideas of what constituted art, and it was art that he could only do with her. This was the side of Kin she liked; she knew the way he was acting now with her was something only she got to see and she lived for moments like these when she could be alone with him and see his true inner self. Sephora was very much like him of course; there was a side of her that only Kin saw, a side that Kin had been the only one to ever see.

"Mmm... art while in bed? I like the sound of that. I like the sound of that very much. Then, perhaps later if we can drag ourselves out of bed, we could make candles and maybe even make a trip to the market." Honestly, she'd be up for anything so long as she spent the day with Kin.
Back to top Go down
Kin
Kouyakage
Kouyakage
Kin

PostSubject: Re: Ice Cream and Books? Sounds Like a Day. [Private. Sephora only.]   Ice Cream and Books? Sounds Like a Day. [Private. Sephora only.] I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 03, 2015 8:18 pm

"Well then, let's just... see where we go with the art, then go from there..." Happy times? Yes, yes they where.

-Skipping for the sake of young minds.-

Now that the post art time napping was had, it was getting be maybe be time to do things. Maybe. He'd only just woken back up, and given the state of the sun, they'd had some serious fun. Too bad they couldn't just spend the next few days at that, but work was a thing, eventually. As was the chance to do other things.

Not that he really wanted to, but eeeh. Adulting. It was a thing. He'd never been much of a child anyway, he'd always been the adult around, even when he was the youngest in the room.

They'd ended up back in a pretty similar position as before, he was sprawled across the center of the bed with her curled into his side, and while she was still napping, he was semi-conscious, owlishly blinking at the shadows dancing across the ceiling as the wind outside caused the trees and awnings to move. It was... entrancing, in a way.

Hnnn... they really should do things... even if only getting something to eat. His normally silent gut was actually rumbling a bit, so there was some motivation to get up. Sort of. He could wait, though; until she woke up too. He wasn't going to wake her up yet, not over something so trivial. He enjoyed watching her sleep more anyway; and the bed was so comfortable. Momentary laziness, a rare thing for him.

WC: 272

272+846 = 1118

Last edited by Kin on Wed Dec 16, 2015 6:40 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Sephora
Jounin (S-Rank)
Jounin (S-Rank)
Sephora

PostSubject: Re: Ice Cream and Books? Sounds Like a Day. [Private. Sephora only.]   Ice Cream and Books? Sounds Like a Day. [Private. Sephora only.] I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 03, 2015 8:52 pm

Their art had led into a post art nap. Sephora hadn't likely slept this much in months and yet she still felt tired. In fact, as she began to wake up more she began to realize she actually felt a little... sick? Weird. Especailly considering she never got sick. It was enough to have her opening her eyes relatively quickly. "Hnn..." She wiggled a bit, and then peeled herself away from Kin as much as she was loathed to do so. "I'll be right back.", she said softly. She would place a kiss gently on Kin before climbing over him and out of the bed.

A quick grab of a robe which was wrapped around her against the temperature difference between the air in the room and the warmth of being cuddled up next to Kin and she wandered her way into the bathroom. What would normally take her only a minute or two ended up turning into ten before very slowly she opened the door.

She walked from the bathroom back into the bedroom a look of pure shock and yet joy plastered on her face. She stood there, unable to speak for a moment; her mouth forming words but no sound coming out, at least until finally she managed a soft "Kin..."
Back to top Go down
Kin
Kouyakage
Kouyakage
Kin

PostSubject: Re: Ice Cream and Books? Sounds Like a Day. [Private. Sephora only.]   Ice Cream and Books? Sounds Like a Day. [Private. Sephora only.] I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 04, 2015 7:27 pm

There was no time in the twilight of his mind, he was perfectly relaxed, if a bit unhappy that his side was cold without her; but it wasn't enough to pull him from his reverie. He was happy to just lay there and wait; passing the non-time with molasses thoughts and gentle enjoyment. What did pull his attention was her speaking; the tone was wrong, and he focused on that. Something wrong? How could anything be wrong? No one had broken in screaming about the end of the world, so it wasn't an outside issue... what happened in their happy, secluded world?

"Hnnn...?" Tonal, but concerned and speaking of attention pulling itself together to focus on her. Pretty normal reaction for him, really. "What is it, love?"

WC: 130

130+1118=1248

Last edited by Kin on Wed Dec 16, 2015 6:41 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Sephora
Jounin (S-Rank)
Jounin (S-Rank)
Sephora

PostSubject: Re: Ice Cream and Books? Sounds Like a Day. [Private. Sephora only.]   Ice Cream and Books? Sounds Like a Day. [Private. Sephora only.] I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 04, 2015 7:42 pm

Sephora's mind was still whirling; how could this happen? Well she knew how exactly, but she had never thought it would. They'd been together for ten years and after a while Sephora simply figured she wasn't meant to have children - at least, not her own. She had contemplated bringing up the topic of adoption from time to time; she was sure Kin would agree it was a lovely idea. But this? This miracle? This wonderful being inside of her? She had never dreamed of such a thing.

Her mind was pulled from its train of thought as she heard Kin speak; it was enough to have her focusing once more on something other than her whirlwind of emotions. "I...", she paused, unable for a second to go on: not that she couldn't, but that she didn't know how to voice such a wonderful bit of news.

"I'm with child, love.", she finally managed to say; her smile once more plastered across her face. Oh she had her worries and concerns but she would focus on figuring out how to make their little world as safe as possible later on. For now she was glowing, simply glowing.
Back to top Go down
Kin
Kouyakage
Kouyakage
Kin

PostSubject: Re: Ice Cream and Books? Sounds Like a Day. [Private. Sephora only.]   Ice Cream and Books? Sounds Like a Day. [Private. Sephora only.] I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 04, 2015 8:05 pm

"...."

Suddenly, he was sitting straight up in bed with that deer in headlights on his face. What? She was what? She was... how? Granted, that was a dumb question in theory; but it was the fact that they had literally never bothered with any sort of... protection, against this happening, and after so many years; nothing. Until now.

"You know... I bet I have I book on baby names somewhere."

Literally his only reaction; he was stunned, sure; but he was also in that slowly building ecstatic mode. He wasn't the type to explode for joy, but he was definitely extremely happy. "We... we are going to have a child... Can today get better?"

WC:115

115+1248= 1363

Last edited by Kin on Wed Dec 16, 2015 6:42 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Sephora
Jounin (S-Rank)
Jounin (S-Rank)
Sephora

PostSubject: Re: Ice Cream and Books? Sounds Like a Day. [Private. Sephora only.]   Ice Cream and Books? Sounds Like a Day. [Private. Sephora only.] I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 04, 2015 8:16 pm

Sephora remained standing in the middle of their room, watching Kin's reaction and still feeling plastered in place: like a statue unable to move. At least, at first. When Kin finally spoke it broke Sephora out of her own shocked spell the rest of the way and she made quick work of crossing the several steps between her and the bed. With her smile growing ever larger on her face she sat down next to him and simply hugged him; clinging to him almost.

"Today is perfect.", she said softly.

It was then that her stomach grumbled and she glanced down, placing both hands on her belly. She would have to make some changes in her eating habits, and she knew it; no more skipping meals, no more eating super light and picking at food as was her norm. No, she would have to ensure she started doing things that would ensure their baby was happy and healthy and safe. Speaking of safe... her smile faltered ever so much. Tomorrow would be dangerous, extremly so. Should she go? But how could she not?

"Why don't we get something to eat first, then we'll figure the rest out?", she suggested; she wanted food on her stomach before she handled anything else.
Back to top Go down
Kin
Kouyakage
Kouyakage
Kin

PostSubject: Re: Ice Cream and Books? Sounds Like a Day. [Private. Sephora only.]   Ice Cream and Books? Sounds Like a Day. [Private. Sephora only.] I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 04, 2015 9:58 pm

He wasn't one to believe in perfection; but he was willing to allow the idea for now; today really was turning out to be amazing, and he didn't care about anything beyond her, their growing baby, and how they would enjoy the coming hours. He didn't want to think about anything else, it would be too much of a buzzkill, and he'd earned this; they both had.

"I will cook for us, love. You rest, yes? We can talk while I work; I do have plenty of fruits and such that are perfect for us for now. It is perfect for you as well; I have some old family tricks that help with morning sickness and the like; we can test them now, see how you handle them. They can be a bit... odd." He was speaking without really thinking, almost babbling in a way; happily hugging her so that she ended up pulled on top of him as he laid back for a few moments; just savoring the feel of her against his body; and almost convincing himself he could feel a spot of warmth that was different on her belly. He knew full well it was far too soon for that, but a father could dream. He released her almost hesitantly; the want to just lay there with her and bask in the wonderful news was high; but he was hungry himself, and they couldn't be their usual selves when it came to food; neither of them really ate as they should, and that would have to change. He gave her one final kiss; to the cheek this time; before shifting out from under her and finding a mostly clean robe on the floor; tossing it on for the sake of habit and making his way to start cooking.

WC: 306

306+1363= 1669

Last edited by Kin on Wed Dec 16, 2015 6:43 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Sephora
Jounin (S-Rank)
Jounin (S-Rank)
Sephora

PostSubject: Re: Ice Cream and Books? Sounds Like a Day. [Private. Sephora only.]   Ice Cream and Books? Sounds Like a Day. [Private. Sephora only.] I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 05, 2015 4:29 pm

Sephora was beaming; she couldn't imagine feeling happier than she did now. She laughed when he pulled her down for a hug and was quite content to cuddle with him until he shifted out from beneath her, put on a robe, and went to make breakfast. She allowed herself a moment of just laying in bed, enjoying the warm spot left behind by Kin, before her growling stomach got her motivated to move. Oh, she could have stayed in bed, sure, but she preferred to be up and moving; especially given how energetic and happy she currently felt.

She sat up, adjusted her robe, and then followed after Kin. Once in the kitchen she peaked over to see what Kin was up to; her stomach growling loudly which caused her to rub it gently. "I'm so hungry I could eat a horse; well.. maybe not a horse. I can't imagine that tasting very good.", she said, her nose wrinkling.
Back to top Go down
Kin
Kouyakage
Kouyakage
Kin

PostSubject: Re: Ice Cream and Books? Sounds Like a Day. [Private. Sephora only.]   Ice Cream and Books? Sounds Like a Day. [Private. Sephora only.] I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 08, 2015 11:18 pm

"Horse isn't that bad, honestly. It's very lean, and rather... gamey, if you don't know what to do with it. Same for camel, actually; although camel can be strangely sweet, believe it or not. They eat a lot of dates and figs, so they end up being sweet in certain seasons. That's why camel milk is so good, and such a wonderful thing in the high desert; it has all the sugar you don't get otherwise, on top of protein and such." He was behind the counter, arms moving all over the place as he hunted and grabbed various bowls and containers full of fruits and breads and such.  There was a massive platter in front of him, on which he was placing things as he found and prepped them. Piles of the best fruits and tastiest breads, small bowls filled with yogurts and sauces and several different flower honey, spice bowls and sugar dishes and several special cheeses that his family made specifically to be eaten at breakfast; soft and gooey in a melted way without being melted or hot and sweet and just amazingly nutritious; perfect for a mother with child. The platter was finished fairly quickly, and lifted up to the higher counter at which Sephora was sitting. He was turning his attention to a mass of spice containers, everything from cinnamon to pink pepper corns to a rare mint that only grew in the tundra highlands a world away in the far north. He was mixing a special tea for her, one that, if her body didn't react badly to it, would basically erase all forms of morning sickness and such that came with pregnancy. It was a hit or miss type of thing, some people just couldn't handle the taste, and some of the exotic spices could be rejected by the pregnancy anyway; but it was worth a try. The worst that would happen is that it would taste absolutely vile, and she wouldn't be able to swallow it. Otherwise, if it would work for her, she would taste a very light, faintly sweet taste that was refreshing and energizing in the best ways. He was hoping for the latter to happen, obvious. It was complicated, but he'd been helping to make it for years, and he was a master at it. "Taste this, love. It should help."

WC: 402

402 +1669 = 2071

1900/1900 A2-A3 END
171/1900 A2-A3 REA

Last edited by Kin on Wed Dec 16, 2015 6:45 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Sephora
Jounin (S-Rank)
Jounin (S-Rank)
Sephora

PostSubject: Re: Ice Cream and Books? Sounds Like a Day. [Private. Sephora only.]   Ice Cream and Books? Sounds Like a Day. [Private. Sephora only.] I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 09, 2015 4:00 pm

Sephora rested her elbow on the counter in front of her, and then her head into her hand so that her head was tilted a bit. She watched Kin work with a gentle smile on her face and a great deal of amusement: he was working quickly and efficiently to make more than enough breakfast for the two of them. The smell of everything had her stomach growling softly and she found herself rubbing at it with her free hand.

When the plate of food was placed in front of her she picked up a piece of cheese and popped it into her mouth, giving it a good chew before swallowing, a soft moan of appreciation and enjoyment due to how delicious it tasted.

Then her attention shifted onto the tea that Kin had made. She took the glass carefully, gave it a glance as she picked up on the scent of all of the different ingredients he had put into it, and then took a small sip. As the taste of it hit her tongue she paused a bit, finding herself enjoying it - it was light, far more so compared to some of the teas sold in the market, and it was enjoyable. A slightly larger sip of the tea followed the tiny one, and then a piece of fruit was popped into her mouth, chewed, and swallowed. "That's delicious."
Back to top Go down
Kin
Kouyakage
Kouyakage
Kin

PostSubject: Re: Ice Cream and Books? Sounds Like a Day. [Private. Sephora only.]   Ice Cream and Books? Sounds Like a Day. [Private. Sephora only.] I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 09, 2015 4:39 pm

Oh good, it would work for her then. He would need to make up a large batch for her, one she could enjoy at her leisure. It was the type of thing that balanced out over long periods, the more she drank of it, the longer it would stay effective in helping her feel better, and all of the ingredients worked as a massive boost to many of the nutrients that pregnant mothers needed to keep themselves and their growing child healthy. He wasn't a medic ninja, but he was definitely wise in the ways of the desert, and the ways of the desert had many secrets and tricks that most medics found distasteful and impossible. It really did help that she was as much of he desert as he was, she never questioned the odd things he did, or the strange concoctions he would create instead of relying on 'modern' medicine much of the time.

He spent several minutes quickly cleaning up the work space, returning unused portions to proper containers, washing the surfaces and knives used, etc. When he finished, he slipped around the counter himself and settled into the chair beside her, shifting so that he was close enough for their legs to rest against each other without crowding her out; reaching for a larger slice of shade mellon from his garden, "I am glad you enjoy it, love. I will make sure there is plenty for you to enjoy, and plenty available when we are working." He dunked the end of the melon into one of the smaller yogurt sauces, there where several different cups of each type, basically set up so that they would have one of each to themselves, so that dipping didn't get... odd. Not that he was the type to care about double dipping, but better safe than sorry with her condition; there was no telling what kinds of bugs he carried, and while given how their day had gone so far he was just being overly cautious now, he was going to do it anyway. If nothing else, it just meant more to go around.

WC: 356

356 + 2071= 2427

1900/1900 A2-A3 END
527/1900 A2-A3 REA

Last edited by Kin on Wed Dec 16, 2015 6:46 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
Sephora
Jounin (S-Rank)
Jounin (S-Rank)
Sephora

PostSubject: Re: Ice Cream and Books? Sounds Like a Day. [Private. Sephora only.]   Ice Cream and Books? Sounds Like a Day. [Private. Sephora only.] I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 09, 2015 9:57 pm

Sephora found herself smiling once more as Kin came to join her; his closeness more than welcoming as she felt his leg come to rest against hers. Kin was the only person in the world able to touch her without her caring, without her having to prep herself; the only person in the world whose touch she actually found herself craving. Thankfully, he had no issues with her very affectionate nature, and the fact that there were times she ignored all sense of personal space at all when it came to him.

Another piece of cheese was picked up and popped into her mouth, chewed, and then swallowed. This was followed by yet another sip of the light and yet delicious tea. She found that the more she drank it the more the morning sickness she had been feeling disappeared, in fact all around she was beginning to feel better and more energized. It was a much better effect then anything she could have gotten off of modern medicine, and the best part about it all was that Kin had made it for her which made her happy in and of itself. "It's doing wonders for my stomach; in fact I don't feel sick at all. I also feel more awake."

A thoughtful expression crossed her face then, and a small almost naughty sounding giggle escaped her. "It also tastes far better than any medicine I could have taken; but let's not tell anyone I said that." She grinned playfully; she was a medic, yes, but she didn't have the problems that the modern medics did when it came to home remedies. She rather preferred it most of the time really; like now with the tea.
Back to top Go down
Kin
Kouyakage
Kouyakage
Kin

PostSubject: Re: Ice Cream and Books? Sounds Like a Day. [Private. Sephora only.]   Ice Cream and Books? Sounds Like a Day. [Private. Sephora only.] I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 10, 2015 12:54 am

"That's good. My clan spent generations refining it; giving birth in the high desert is dangerous enough, so anything they could find to make it easier on the mother was highly sought after. " He reached for the dates; he'd left the honey off of them specifically, but he had cups of the sweet nectar to dip into himself. He did just that, working on the chewy mass for a long moment before washing it down with some milk. He took a small slab of fruit bread and used his knife to slice some free, offering it first to her if she wished. If she took it, he would slice off another bit for himself, if not, he would take it. His piece was slathered in a fresh citrus marmalade, it was some sort of hybrid orange-lemon, and when sweetened with a bit of cane sugar and honey it was amazing. It didn't take much to be enough, and there was plenty to go around.

"We should set up the appointments with specialists; I'll summon some of my clan's midwives so that they can share the relevant information they'll need. neither of us is entirely human, and while we don't have much on your particular clan, there's plenty on mine, and it shouldn't be that different. Hopefully. We have fairly easy births, with any lucky you will too."

WC: 237

2427 + 237 = 2664

1900/1900 A2-A3 END
764/1900 A2-A3 REA

Last edited by Kin on Wed Dec 16, 2015 6:47 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
Sephora
Jounin (S-Rank)
Jounin (S-Rank)
Sephora

PostSubject: Re: Ice Cream and Books? Sounds Like a Day. [Private. Sephora only.]   Ice Cream and Books? Sounds Like a Day. [Private. Sephora only.] I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 10, 2015 11:36 am

Sephora took the offered slice of fruit bread and nibbled on it plain; she wanted to give the tea a chance to really start to work before she pushed her stomach too hard too fast, which was why she was eating slow. She knew she had to eat more than normal, and that would take some getting used to - both in habit and bodily. Ususally she grabbed the smallest bite to eat and was out the door for the day, but now she would truly have to take care of herself and their unborn child.

As she nibbled on her slide of bread she listened to Kin speak having no issues with doing things the way he was describing. She nodded in agreement with his plan as she finished off the last bite of her slice. "That sounds like a very good idea." A piece of fruit was picked up next and popped into her mouth, chewed, and then swallowed before she took another sip of her tea.

"I have a feeling I'm going to be told that I need to be on light duty until after our child is born. Given my small size I'm sure everyone's going to want me to just take it easy.", she mused out loud, making assumptions based in the medical knowledge she had. "I have a feeling I'm going to become a very permanent fixture on one of the couches in your office.", she added with a giggle. Light duty didn't bother her; she could still help Kin with paperwork after all, and at least offer her own opinions and knowledge at the hospital even if she couldn't be as hands on as before. She would make this work while ensuring that everything was still done as effectively as possible.

As her mind wandered also came another thought; she was going to have to ensure she kept herself safe. There were those who would target her simply because of her fox-like traits - she knew that first hand given her past - but she could end up doubly sought after simply because she was the kage's wife, and pregnant with his child. There were people out there who would figure that made her worth a lot of money...
Back to top Go down
Kin
Kouyakage
Kouyakage
Kin

PostSubject: Re: Ice Cream and Books? Sounds Like a Day. [Private. Sephora only.]   Ice Cream and Books? Sounds Like a Day. [Private. Sephora only.] I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 12, 2015 2:05 am

"Given everything, I would not be surprised, yes. I would prefer that you stay close, for both our sakes. If nothing else, after this next raid we shall slow down for a bit; we've cleared many of the dens as is, and we can afford to pace ourselves better. We're coming into the best time of year to send team to investigate the desert's secrets, with the dust storms settling before the rains come, we can get much intelligence to replace what has become stale and unusable. This way, you can rest, and we can work on being ready for the child. I do not wish for either of you to be in danger, any more so than comes from our status within the village, and by being what we are." He had been lucky growing up, a powerful family protected him, and he'd never had to go through what she had. He thanked the stars for that; and while he'd long come to terms with the fact that there would always be some level of abuse of humanity, together they'd done much to reduce the impact. It was the best way he could give back to a world that had given him his wife; the circumstances of their meeting had been horrible; but it was worth it in the end. He gained his closest friend, lover, mother of his unborn child and children to come; there was nothing more in this world he could ask for. Everything else about his life had been dedicated to repaying the generosity fate showed him.

"I shall have the 'main' office redecorated a bit; some larger couches, that would be more comfortable for you. A better lock on the door and windows as well, one that will allow us to keep everyone out, so that you can rest in peace. It can be a chore, barring entry to ninja." He still thought of himself as more of a merchant than a ninja, and even less as a Kage. He was a leader, yes; but that didn't really matter to him. "I do believe that I can hollow out a new storage room, move everything from the large one beside our bedroom. It would be perfect for the baby; I can easily have a connecting door made, so that no one can enter the baby's room unless they make it into our bedroom; and as the bedroom entry is hidden, that would make it the safest room in the house. We can start ordering the furniture and such soon as well; better now so tha we can make sure it's the highest quality, so as to not have to stress later when we realize have forgotten, or some such."

WC: 465

465 + 2664 = 3129

1900/1900 A2-A3 END
1229/1900 A2-A3 REA

Last edited by Kin on Wed Dec 16, 2015 6:48 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
Sephora
Jounin (S-Rank)
Jounin (S-Rank)
Sephora

PostSubject: Re: Ice Cream and Books? Sounds Like a Day. [Private. Sephora only.]   Ice Cream and Books? Sounds Like a Day. [Private. Sephora only.] I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 12, 2015 8:50 pm

"I planned on remaining stuck to you like glue.", Sephora said with a soft chuckle before popping another piece of cheese into her mouth: the cheese was exceptionally delicious and rather addicting so it was a good thing it was healthy for her because it seemed like it was going to end up being one of the things she craved and wanted. "I was thinking it was best too; not just for my safety but for the baby's as well, and for various reasons." Oh yes, she definitely agreed that her and their child would be a target if and when people found out; and they would definitely find out. The Kage's wife pregnant after all of these years? The gossip was going to spread like wildfire; not that she cared about such things, but it would likely spread to other villages too, and to the various enemies that they had made by cutting back on the amount of slavery and such that had been once so rampant in the desert.

As Kin talked she imagined the things he described in her mind, smiling. The idea of a room for their child that could only be accessed through their own was splendid, and it did wonders to squash her fears. "I love that idea. When the child's old enough we can open another entrance that will allow him or her to go about freely without having to go through our room, but for now anyone would have to come through and since no one is allowed in our space there's no reason for anyone to even know where it is." Ah yes, she definitely liked this idea a lot.

"Mmm. Perhaps we could order the furniture while we're in the market today? Or at least get a look at what we might like... All of this food has definitely made me feel up for a walk. Plus, I want to take a look at some new paints; or get the ingredients to make my own; non toxic ones we won't have to worry about the little one being near - I want to paint his or her walls with a landscape from each village." It wouldn't be hard; there were plenty of books with plenty of pictures to reference, and they could be used later for teaching and backdrops for stories. Ideas were already flowing.~
Back to top Go down
Kin
Kouyakage
Kouyakage
Kin

PostSubject: Re: Ice Cream and Books? Sounds Like a Day. [Private. Sephora only.]   Ice Cream and Books? Sounds Like a Day. [Private. Sephora only.] I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 12, 2015 9:22 pm

"Simple enough. I have a cousin that deals in herbs, spices, and plant materials for making dyes and such. We can raid his stores, and order up some of the super rare materials for the vibrant hues. I need some for my multitone glass anyway, so we can kill multiple birds, as they say." He was working on his bread, topped with a few thin slices of mango. It was an odd combination, but it worked.

"There are some very, very discreet craftsmen that we can use; they're very good at what they do, and won't leak the information to anyone. They're guild members too, so we can swing by and meet with them there; where no one can listen in." He was all over the idea of decorating the room in that way; he would create some fanciful glass for the windows; something that, with the right backlighting, could cast stars on the ceiling at night, and give the room a warm feeling and enhance the murals.

"I'll need to pick up some bolts of cloth. I want to get started on making you new clothing; and clothing for the baby. I can easily create buttons and such for it all, and some new toys. I can use that soft glass to create teething rings and such now; so we won't have to worry later. Would you help me design and create a mobile for the room, as well? Something... exquisit, but appropriate. With animals and such, one that will never grow boring."

WC: 259

3129 + 259 = 3388

1900/1900 A2-A3 END
1488/1900 A2-A3 REA

Last edited by Kin on Wed Dec 16, 2015 6:49 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
Sephora
Jounin (S-Rank)
Jounin (S-Rank)
Sephora

PostSubject: Re: Ice Cream and Books? Sounds Like a Day. [Private. Sephora only.]   Ice Cream and Books? Sounds Like a Day. [Private. Sephora only.] I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 12, 2015 9:48 pm

Someone who would be discreet was best: the longer they could keep things a secret the better. Not that she wasn't bubbling with happiness and bursting to tell everyone - because she definitely was - but given the work they did and who they were it wasn't nessecarily safe. No, better to get everything set up and all of the safety procedures put into place before they went ahead and made it an offical announcement. As she listened to Kin speak she nibbled on the last of her breath, having gotten to the point to where she was feeling properly stuffed and full.

When she finished chewing she looked thoughtful once more and smiled again. "Aye, I'd love to help you build that. We can even use some of the animals and such native to each of the lands." Sephora was already ready to go, or rather she would have been had she been dressed. "I'm stuffed so I think I'm going to go get dressed this way we can get started; it sounds like we have a lot to do today, plus we'll have to make sure we stop somewhere so we can get a proper lunch between all of these errands... all this eating is definitely going to take some getting used to."

Sephora stood up carefully, pausing to place a gentle kiss on Kin's cheek, before she would wander off back to their room to get cleaned up and dressed in something appropriate for outside. As per usual her outfit consisted of many layers in a variety of colors that all came together beautifully; comfortable and exceptionally modest since she allowed no one outside of Kin to even risk a glance at her body. She wandered back out once fully dressed, glancing about to see if Kin was ready or not to go.
Back to top Go down
Kin
Kouyakage
Kouyakage
Kin

PostSubject: Re: Ice Cream and Books? Sounds Like a Day. [Private. Sephora only.]   Ice Cream and Books? Sounds Like a Day. [Private. Sephora only.] I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 13, 2015 7:14 pm

"That won't be an issue. We can grab a light lunch when we stop into the Guild Hall. They've opened a small coffee shop, and they sell little hand sandwiches and tea cakes. It will be perfect; small and lite and a good place to start easing into adjusting to eating more; although to be fair, you have some time before you need to worry about eating too much more, as you well realize." He wasn't being patronizing, merely speaking. He was no medic, but he wasn't uninformed, he knew enough to hold his own in a conversation about the subject, thankfully. They where new parents, yes; but neither was completely lost, and that made this so much easier.

He allowed a hand to trailed across her arm as she moved away, allowing her the space and privacy she wanted to get dressed. He had plenty of clothing that would be appropriate scattered across the house; they had extra clothing stored in several of the closest and storage bins, so he was able to gather something that fit his normal style; on or off duty. Long robes, fully covering his form, without being heavy and restricting; bright colors that did not hurt the eyes, matching and elegant and well made items. He displayed his status in wealth in a way that was not garish, it was appropriate for his position; and while he would prefer to just dress comfortably and in a way that was appropriate for the task at hand; it was actually counterproductive to not dress as he was expected too; this was he drew less attention by blending into the background noise of the world.

When she returned, he was ready; a set of clan cloaks in hand for them to wear. It would be easier, less attention drawn. They'd just be another pair of merchants moving through the markets; unless someone was actively calling them out. "Beautiful, as always. I had a thought, it may be easier for us to move about with these on; the people are basically trained to ignore anyone in merchant guild or clan cloaks, so fewer eyes would be on us."

WC: 365

3388 + 365 = 3753

1900/1900 A2-A3 END
1853/1900 A2-A3 REA

Last edited by Kin on Wed Dec 16, 2015 6:50 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Ice Cream and Books? Sounds Like a Day. [Private. Sephora only.]   Ice Cream and Books? Sounds Like a Day. [Private. Sephora only.] I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Ice Cream and Books? Sounds Like a Day. [Private. Sephora only.]
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next